Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » code assist problems
code assist problems [message #885372] Tue, 12 June 2012 22:13 Go to next message
Daryl King is currently offline Daryl King
Hello all. I have just recently changed over to 64 bit eclipse/pdt and don't seem to be getting the same level of Code Assistance that I was before. I'm just wondering if someone could advise as to what I may have missed here in setting up. It was that long ago that I set up the 32bit version i've forgotten any tricks involved.
I used to be able to get a code assist listing of included classes to choose from, now I don't.
Whenever I used to instantiate a new class object I could choose from a Code Assist list of its methods, now I can't.
Even now when I type 'p' and call Code Assist I only get 'print' as a choice, whereas before I would get all the inbuilt options including 'print_r' - which I use quite a bit.
Also I don't get any Code Assistance for inbuilt PHP functions (e.g date, time, strtotime etc).
Any advice gratefully recieved !!
Re: code assist problems [message #885461 is a reply to message #885372] Wed, 13 June 2012 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro Izumi
See workspace/.metadata/.log
If there is
>Unsupported database file version or invalid file header in file ...

Remove workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.dltk.core.index.sql.h2/*
(database will be recreated automatically when you started eclipse)

[edited]
Ignore the message in .log anyway. It is logged by newer version of h2database plugin and old version doesn't log unsupported error.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 June 2012 05:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: code assist problems [message #885533 is a reply to message #885461] Wed, 13 June 2012 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Toshihiro.
I don't have those in the log, but I do have some problem...
#I should also mention that i'm using the Dev PDT as I am using dubtures Twig extensions.

!SESSION 2012-06-13 17:33:33.500 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=M20120208-0800
java.version=1.7.0_04
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_AU
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2012-06-13 17:33:40.426
!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred. They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2012-06-13 17:33:40.426
!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for CTRL+G:
Binding(CTRL+G,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.search.declarations.in.workspace,Declaration in Workspace,
Search for declarations of the selected element in the workspace,
Category(org.eclipse.search.ui.category.search,Search,Search command category,true),
,,true),null),
org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)
Binding(CTRL+G,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.dubture.pdt.ui.generategetters,Generate Getters and Setters,
Generate Getters and Setters,
Category(org.eclipse.ui.category.edit,Edit,null,true),
,,true),null),
org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)
Re: code assist problems [message #885572 is a reply to message #885533] Wed, 13 June 2012 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
>#I should also mention that i'm using the Dev PDT as I am using dubtures Twig extensions.
?
This is PDT forum. Not any other products or features.
Re: code assist problems [message #885579 is a reply to message #885572] Wed, 13 June 2012 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok Toshihiro, that looks like another problem anyway..
I think this Code Assist problem is just a matter of a setting i've missed somewhere. If I type a letter and press Alt+/ it cycles through all the options - its just that before I had a list to select from which was easier. Could you point me to where the settings are to allow a list? Thanks.
Re: code assist problems [message #886640 is a reply to message #885579] Fri, 15 June 2012 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sorry but I cannot understand what you are talking about.
Alt+/ is a shortcut for 'Word Completion', very different from code completion.
"This action will attempt to complete the word currently being entered in the active editor." (Workbench User Guide > Reference > User interface information > Workbench menus > Edit menu > Word Completion)
It is a basic functionality of the text editor of Eclipse.

About the issue that Contents Assist shows 'print' but doesn't show 'print_r' or such
-> 'print' is a reserved word which is built-in(hard-coded). 'print_r' is a function which is stored in the database(defined in standard.php). As a logical conclusion, the database must be corrupted.(as a first thought)
Re: code assist problems [message #890246 is a reply to message #886640] Thu, 21 June 2012 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rik Bartolini is currently offline Rik Bartolini
Same to me: no code completion at all, I see only the templates.
www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/359347/890241/#msg_890241
Re: code assist problems [message #890745 is a reply to message #890246] Sat, 23 June 2012 00:28 Go to previous message
Your case.
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/264334/
Same solution.
Previous Topic:Open in Browser (locked for XDebug)
Next Topic:How to debug with Eclipse PDT and Xdebug when source files are on remote server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 22 18:27:15 GMT 2014