Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Debugging Issue(How to exclude foreign packages from debugging ?)
Eclipse Debugging Issue [message #885139] Tue, 12 June 2012 14:21 Go to next message
Ulvi Ugur is currently offline Ulvi UgurFriend

[Post New]posted Today 16:15:45
Quote Edit

Hi All,

I use eclipse for a API development project. As usual, I added the API libraries as jars into my (Java Build Path->Libraries).

The problem is that when I start runnung the application in debug mode, it stops on a thread which refers to the API code with 2 symptoms :

1- It says "Source not found" in the Class File Editor and expects me to "Attach Source".
2- It shows a Thread Suspended in the Debug Window with a NullPointerException

In order to get rid of the first issue, I added the API packages in the Preferences->Java->Debug->Step Filtering step. This didn't work !

In order to adress it over the exception, I disabled "Suspend execution on uncaught exceptions" parameter. This didn't work either !

Any ideas how one can resolve this issue ?

Cheers,

Ulvi
Re: Eclipse Debugging Issue [message #885218 is a reply to message #885139] Tue, 12 June 2012 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Rennie is currently offline Michael RennieFriend
For problem (1) the debugger has suspended in a class file and you have no source available, so it is asking you to point it to the source. You can do this by attaching source to the jar in the Java Build Path properties (on the project) or add source on the Source tab for the launch configuration you are using to run / debug your program.

For problem (2) did you also check that you do not have an Exception breakpoint set?
Re: Eclipse Debugging Issue [message #885587 is a reply to message #885218] Wed, 13 June 2012 09:38 Go to previous message
Ulvi Ugur is currently offline Ulvi UgurFriend
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. Here are my comments :

1- I don't have the source code of the API as it is 3rd party. Hence I cant assign it.

2- As I dont have the source code, it is not possible for me to put a breakpoint on the API code line.

Cheers,

Ulvi
Previous Topic:Re: Auto complete and Templates not working
Next Topic:Showing all files in Package Manager
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:41:56 GMT 2024