Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problem with deploying an EJB Project.
Problem with deploying an EJB Project. [message #884751] Mon, 11 June 2012 18:36
Steve Mising name is currently offline Steve Mising nameFriend
I am new to Java EE and EJBs.

I purchased a training course " Java EE: EJB 3.0 and Java Persistence" from Learn NowJava.com.

it appears that the version of Eclipse on the training video is different from the version I have.

------------
The training video instructs me to
go to the Properties for the "Simple EJB Project"
and go to "Java EE Module Dependencies"

------------
I am using Eclipse Indigo Service Release 2 Build id: 20120216-1857; which appears to be slightly different from the one in the course.
There is no "Java EE Module Dependencies" in the property tab.
I tried to use "Java Build Path" and add the project there, and it allowed me to import the project into the source, but the deployment does not work.

------------
I have the following 4 warning in the Problems tab on my IDE.
Shows 4 warning on bottom of screen

Description Resource Path Location Type
Classpath entry /BankAccountJPA will not be exported or published. Runtime ClassNotFoundExceptions may result. Simple_EJB_Project P/Simple_EJB_Project Classpath Dependency Validator Message
Classpath entry /Simple_EJB_ProjectClient will not be exported or published. Runtime ClassNotFoundExceptions may result. SimpleWebClient P/SimpleWebClient Classpath Dependency Validator Message
Classpath entry /Simple_EJB_ProjectClient will not be exported or published. Runtime ClassNotFoundExceptions may result. Simple_EJB_Project P/Simple_EJB_Project Classpath Dependency Validator Message
No connection specified for project. No database-specific validation will be performed. BankAccountJPA JPA Problem

------------
I believe this is the problem, but I don't know how to correct it in the IDE.
Basic Question is what is the replacement for: "Java EE Module Dependencies" in the version of Eclipse I am using?

Thanks

Previous Topic:Re-naming java packages - non-techie
Next Topic:How to contact moderators?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:21:56 GMT 2024