Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Object diagrams in Papyrus(How to represent objects (class instances) in Papyrus)
Object diagrams in Papyrus [message #883624] Fri, 08 June 2012 19:58 Go to next message
Igor Kaitovic is currently offline Igor Kaitovic
Hi,

I guess this is a trivial question as I am switching from IBM Rhapsody to Papyrus.

I could not find object diagrams in Papyrus.
In fact, even in class diagrams I could not find an obvious way to represent objects as class instances.

Do you have suggestions?

Thanks!
Re: Object diagrams in Papyrus [message #884496 is a reply to message #883624] Mon, 11 June 2012 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille Letavernier
Hello Igor,

Papyrus doesn't provide an Object diagram yet. However, you can use the "Instance Specification" from the ClassDiagram to represent an Instance.

Camille
Re: Object diagrams in Papyrus [message #885550 is a reply to message #884496] Wed, 13 June 2012 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Igor Kaitovic is currently offline Igor Kaitovic
Thanks Camille!
Re: Object diagrams in Papyrus [message #987439 is a reply to message #884496] Mon, 26 November 2012 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruno Tavares is currently offline Bruno Tavares
And what about creating associations between instances (i.e.: objects)?

Papyrus seems to only allow dependency associations, or similarly weak connections, between "instance specification" of classes in class diagrams.

How can I had a stronger association between 2 "instance specifications" in a class diagram?
Re: Object diagrams in Papyrus [message #987449 is a reply to message #987439] Mon, 26 November 2012 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille Letavernier
Hello,

There is an "Instance Specification link" element in the palette. The Instance Specifications must be associated to two associated classifiers.

For example, create a Class A and a Class B. Draw an association C between them. Create two instance specifications, and add respectively A and B as their classifiers. Then you'll be able to draw an "Instance specification link" between these two Instance Specifications. This link will be an instance of the Association C.

Regards,
Camille
Re: Object diagrams in Papyrus [message #987600 is a reply to message #987449] Tue, 27 November 2012 05:07 Go to previous message
Bruno Tavares is currently offline Bruno Tavares
Thank you very much for the help Camille, this was exactly what I was looking for. Also, thank you for the quick response.
Previous Topic:uscase Rectangle problem
Next Topic:How to create a new Papyrus UML diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 21 16:00:41 EDT 2014