Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Problems with a duplicated data type in an applied profile(Duplicated type originates inconsistencies in my activity models)
Problems with a duplicated data type in an applied profile [message #883595] Fri, 08 June 2012 22:01
Tomas Balderas is currently offline Tomas Balderas
Hello, I hope you can help me.

I defined a profile that extends modeling elements in activity diagrams. My profile defines the data type Bit, intended to be assigned to action pins and activity parameter nodes. The profile and the activity model extended by the profile are in separate projects. When I start my modeling and assign types to pins, I see a single entry of <Data Type> Bit in the Element Selection dialog box when selecting the type for the pins and parameter nodes. Sessions later, two entries labeled <Data Type> Bit appear in the dialog box. My understanding is that they refer to different type objects. My problems occur when I try to link two typed nodes with flows. Very often, I get a message indicating that the types of the two nodes do not match, even though I specified <Data Type> Bit for both.

Why do I get two entries labeled <Data Type> Bit in the first place? How can I fix this issue so I get only one entry of <Data Type> Bit?

Thanks in advance.

/TB
Previous Topic:papyrus change automatically my uml from xmi 2.0 to 2.1
Next Topic:eclipse indigo papyrus C++ code generator installation com.cea.papyrus.feature.feature.group
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 17 01:50:45 GMT 2014