Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » SSE intrinsics and intellesense not working(intellisense autocomplete c++)
SSE intrinsics and intellesense not working [message #883136] Thu, 07 June 2012 22:30 Go to next message
Tim W is currently offline Tim W
Hello all,

I have a question regarding the eclipse c++ toolkit. it seems to be working great but i'm having some issues with the autocomplete/intellisense technology. as a simple example im trying to use sse intrisnics in the simplest way

#include "xmmintrin.h"

__m128 func(void)
{
__m128 m;

m = _mm_setzero_ps();

return m;

}

this example i added the -msse2 compiler flag and this compiles perfectly, however the intellisense/autocomplete still doens't recgonize the types or functions in the header.

In an attempt to fix this i manually added the __SSE__ and __MMX__ includes to the c++ preprocessor. this had the effect of changing the highlighing in the #if/#else paths of the header xmmintrin.h to the correct branches. ie it highlights the choices the preprocessor is currently taking. i figured this would clear up the issue because it seemed to be modifying how the intellisense/autocomplete was viewing the header files(ie highlighting the correct path instead of the incorrect one)

still though, it's not working. any suggestions? it compiles fine and i know i can just ignore the red squigglies but i really want to learn to set it up properly for the type of work i'll be doing with it in the future.

Thanks for all your time!
Tim
Re: SSE intrinsics and intellesense not working [message #884950 is a reply to message #883136] Tue, 12 June 2012 06:52 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel Mueller
Add the -msse2 compiler flag to the discovery options http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.user/reference/cdt_u_prop_build_discovery.htm and then rebuild your index (Project Properties->Index..)

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:project work space Demo/Tutorial
Next Topic:Excluding a directory but re-including certain files?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 20 06:01:55 GMT 2014