Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Redeployment int pickup directory does not work
Redeployment int pickup directory does not work [message #882421] Wed, 06 June 2012 12:47 Go to next message
Daniel Stieger is currently offline Daniel Stieger
Hi,

i m just starting to use the virgo environment - hope that this is not a trivial questions. I build a VaadinTest.war copied that into the pickup dir and started it in the browser. Everything perfect.

Now during development, i simply replace the VaadinTest.war in the pickup via ant copy task. Virgo display some messages and then an exceptions occures ...

INFO  fs-watcher                   o.e.v.k.i.artifact.internal.bundle.BundleThreadContextManager     Thread context class loader 'BundleDelegatingClassLoader for [Virgo Kernel Deployer (org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer)]' pushed and set to 'KernelBundleClassLoader: [bundle=VaadinTest_0.0.0]' 
 INFO  fs-watcher                   o.e.v.k.i.artifact.internal.bundle.BundleThreadContextManager     Thread context class loader 'KernelBundleClassLoader: [bundle=VaadinTest_0.0.0]' pushed and set to 'KernelBundleClassLoader: [bundle=VaadinTest_0.0.0]' 
 INFO  fs-watcher                   org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.core.internal.BundleStartTracker         Adding signal 'org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.artifact.internal.AbstractInstallArtifact$StateMonitorSignal@42e366c1' for bundle 'VaadinTest_0.0.0 [135]' 
 INFO  fs-watcher                   o.e.v.k.i.a.internal.AtomicInstallArtifactLifecycleListener       No atomic parent of bundle 'VaadinTest' version '0.0.0' in scope 'null' to propagate starting event to 
 INFO  fs-watcher                   org.eclipse.virgo.medic.eventlog.default                         DE0004I Starting bundle 'VaadinTest' version '0.0.0'. 
 INFO  fs-watcher                   org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.core.internal.BundleStartTracker         Non-Spring DM powered bundle 'VaadinTest_0.0.0 [135]' has started. Driving signals '[org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.artifact.internal.AbstractInstallArtifact$StateMonitorSignal@42e366c1]'. 
 INFO  start-signalling-3           org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.core.internal.BundleStartTracker         Driving signal 'org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.artifact.internal.AbstractInstallArtifact$StateMonitorSignal@42e366c1' 
 INFO  start-signalling-3           o.e.v.k.i.artifact.internal.bundle.BundleThreadContextManager     Thread context class loader 'KernelBundleClassLoader: [bundle=VaadinTest_0.0.0]' pushed and set to 'KernelBundleClassLoader: [bundle=VaadinTest_0.0.0]' 
 INFO  iLogServiceListener@168e4805 org.osgi.service.log.LogService                                   Bundle VaadinTest_0.0.0, BundleEvent STARTED 
 INFO  fs-watcher                   o.e.v.k.i.artifact.internal.bundle.BundleThreadContextManager     Thread context class loader 'KernelBundleClassLoader: [bundle=VaadinTest_0.0.0]' popped and set to 'KernelBundleClassLoader: [bundle=VaadinTest_0.0.0]' 
 INFO  fs-watcher                   o.e.v.k.i.artifact.internal.bundle.BundleThreadContextManager     Thread context class loader 'KernelBundleClassLoader: [bundle=VaadinTest_0.0.0]' popped and set to 'BundleDelegatingClassLoader for [Virgo Kernel Deployer (org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer)]' 
 INFO  start-signalling-3           org.eclipse.virgo.medic.eventlog.default                         WE0000I Starting web bundle 'VaadinTest' version '0.0.0' with context path '/VaadinTest'. 
 ERROR start-signalling-3           org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig                         Unable to determine URL for [/WEB-INF/classes] javax.naming.NamingException: Name '/WEB-INF/classes' does not exist.
	at org.eclipse.gemini.web.tomcat.internal.loading.BundleDirContext.getNamedEntry(BundleDirContext.java:73)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.web.tomcat.internal.loading.BundleDirContext.doSafeList(BundleDirContext.java:66)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.web.tomcat.internal.loading.BundleDirContext.doListBindings(BundleDirContext.java:54)
	at org.apache.naming.resources.BaseDirContext.listBindings(BaseDirContext.java:708)
	at org.apache.naming.resources.ProxyDirContext.listBindings(ProxyDirContext.java:546)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.webConfig(ContextConfig.java:1234)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:855)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:345)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5161)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:895)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:871)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:615)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.web.tomcat.internal.TomcatServletContainer.startWebApplication(TomcatServletContainer.java:122)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.web.internal.StandardWebApplication.start(StandardWebApplication.java:91)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.web.core.internal.WebBundleLifecycleListener.onStarted(WebBundleLifecycleListener.java:122)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.artifact.internal.StandardArtifactStateMonitor.onStarted(StandardArtifactStateMonitor.java:247)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.artifact.internal.AbstractInstallArtifact.asyncStartSucceeded(AbstractInstallArtifact.java:294)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.artifact.internal.AbstractInstallArtifact.access$0(AbstractInstallArtifact.java:291)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.artifact.internal.AbstractInstallArtifact$StateMonitorSignal.signalSuccessfulCompletion(AbstractInstallArtifact.java:229)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.core.internal.BundleStartTracker$1.run(BundleStartTracker.java:143)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

How can i trace that problem down in virgo? Why is the webserver checking WEB-INF/classes via JNDI?

any help appreciated,
Dan
Re: Redeployment int pickup directory does not work [message #882862 is a reply to message #882421] Thu, 07 June 2012 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta Georgieva
Hello,

You are facing the following bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=371986

Can you tell us the Virgo version cause this fix is included in the latest milestones?

Regards
Violeta
Re: Redeployment int pickup directory does not work [message #883258 is a reply to message #882862] Fri, 08 June 2012 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Violeta,

thanks for your response. I m using release 3.0.3 right now. I just read the bug description. I am wondering why - while redeploying - WEB-INF/Classes is looked up... the message goes:

Name '/WEB-INF/classes' does not exist.

Dan
Re: Redeployment int pickup directory does not work [message #885271 is a reply to message #883258] Tue, 12 June 2012 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta Georgieva
Basically at that point Tomcat tries to obtain all classes in WEB-INF/classes in order to check for some specific annotations.

Can you described in more details your use case?
The first time when you deploy it succeeded to find WEB-INF/classes and there are no errors in the logs,
but the second time it cannot find WEB-INF/classes and there are errors in the logs. Is that correct?
Re: Redeployment int pickup directory does not work [message #885575 is a reply to message #885271] Wed, 13 June 2012 09:13 Go to previous message
Hi Violeta,

yes that was exactly my use-case. When i deploy the application the first time, everything works fine. Deploying the second time lead to the exception above.

I do not get any error-message on the console. But my log file shows the exception. (Log File Snippet Attached..)

Thanks,
Dan

• Attachment: log.log
    (Size: 11.82KB, Downloaded 70 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 13 June 2012 09:16]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Updating the springframework to version 3.11 RELEASE inside VTS
Next Topic:Starting Tomcat 7 as Embedded Server in OSGI Framework
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 31 06:29:35 GMT 2014