Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » org.eclipse.jdt.debug.jdi.tests([Need help] running org.eclipse.jdt.debug.jdi.tests)
org.eclipse.jdt.debug.jdi.tests [message #881722] Tue, 05 June 2012 06:46 Go to next message
kedarnath waikar is currently offline kedarnath waikarFriend
Hello Everyone,

Please excuse me if I am posting in a wrong forum, I am pretty new here!

I want to run the eclipse test suite for org.eclipse.jdt.debug.jdi.tests.
//www.planeteclipse.net/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/org.eclipse.jdt.debug.jdi.tests/tests/org/eclipse/debug/jdi/tests/?pathrev=HEAD

I find it non-trivial running these tests.. I am unable to find a proper documentation/guide to run these steps.

I am looking for step by step instructions to run these tests, as in the commandline/different options used/dependencies/pre-requisities to be able to run these tests..

Requesting your valuable inputs,..

Thanks in advance,
Kedarnath

Re: org.eclipse.jdt.debug.jdi.tests [message #881984 is a reply to message #881722] Tue, 05 June 2012 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Rennie is currently offline Michael RennieFriend
The best way to run the tests is to grab the bundle from the git repo (http://git.eclipse.org/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.debug.git/) and use one of the shared launch configurations from within Eclipse - there are two of them, one is a Java Application configuration (named JDI Debug Tests) and the other is a JUnit configuration (named JDI Debug Test Suite).

If you are curious about all of the required bundles etc. that go into launching the suite you can check the properties of the launch after (or during) the tests running. To do this, open the Debug view and right-click on the process of the launch and select 'Properties'. The resulting dialog will have a section called 'Command Line' that has the VM, encoding, classpath, etc. that was used to launch the tests.

Re: org.eclipse.jdt.debug.jdi.tests [message #882948 is a reply to message #881984] Thu, 07 June 2012 14:05 Go to previous message
kedarnath waikar is currently offline kedarnath waikarFriend
Thanks a lot Micheal.. This helped a lot!!
Previous Topic:svn repoisotory
Next Topic:How to access Eclipse on a computer with Ubuntu from a computer with windows ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:08:54 GMT 2024