|Re: ClassNotFound for class in dependency and can't debug [message #881950 is a reply to message #881868]
||Tue, 05 June 2012 14:30
| James Leone
Registered: July 2009
Thank you for the input. I was able to get things working.|
In this case, plugin B was dependent on plugin A (this was defined in plugin.xml). The class error occurred when plugin B referenced classes in plugin A at runtime.
I was poking around the different plugins that shipped with eclipse and I noticed that the structure of the plugins had changed a bit. It used to be that the plugin was a jar, in that jar was a jar of the plugin code, the plugin.xml file, the manifest, and various subfolders for assets used by the plugin (icons, etc.).
It seems the jar within a jar approach is out. Now it looks like the .class files reside in subfolders directly within the primary jar file.
That didn't work, but I went back to the really old structure (creating a folder with the plugin name and version in the eclipse/plugins directory). Beneath that I have the jar of plugin code, the plugin.xml, icons subfolder, etc.
I'm not sure why PDE didn't "upgrade" the process for packaging the plugins, but it's working now so I am pleased.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.10122 seconds