Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Recording Preference Dialog events
Recording Preference Dialog events [message #116432] Mon, 29 October 2007 05:33 Go to next message
Pushparaj is currently offline Pushparaj
Messages: 62
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi All,

In my prefernce dialog i am having some right-click menus to add and
remove items in the tree viewer(like Run configuration dialog). Now i am
trying to record all the user actions(using add and remove menus) using
AGR. I am not facing any problem at the time of recording, But while
running the test suite i am getting error messages.
Actually i am getting error message when right-click menus are used.

Please help me?

Pushparaj
Re: Recording Preference Dialog events [message #116449 is a reply to message #116432] Mon, 29 October 2007 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pushparaj is currently offline Pushparaj
Messages: 62
Registered: July 2009
Member
I am getting the following error while running the test suite

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException
Line 15: Cannot locate menu item: {{New}}-{{1.0}}
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Line 15: Cannot locate menu item:
{{New}}-{{1.0}}
at
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.AutoGUIUtil.throwCor eException(AutoGUIUtil.java:616)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.AutoGUIUtil.throwCor eException(AutoGUIUtil.java:608)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.macro.MacroObjectLoc ator.locatePopupMenuItem(MacroObjectLocator.java:432)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.macro.MacroObjectLoc ator.locateCommandTarget(MacroObjectLocator.java:92)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.commands.BooleanSele ctionCommand.playback(BooleanSelectionCommand.java:258)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.commands.MacroComman dShell$4.run(MacroCommandShell.java:1160)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:3 5)
at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchr onizer.java:123)


Thanks,
Pushparaj
Re: Recording Preference Dialog events [message #117305 is a reply to message #116449] Tue, 06 November 2007 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Pushparaj,
The AGR cannot locate the correct menu item. For more
information on the solution, see the Widget Resolving Mechanism section in
the AGR documentation:

http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/test/documents/userguides/Intro- Auto-GUI-4-4-0.html#2.4

Paul
"Pushparaj" <pushparaj_94@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:fda27fbfd867e49469a82d74972fd3c7$1@www.eclipse.org...
>I am getting the following error while running the test suite
>
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException
> Line 15: Cannot locate menu item: {{New}}-{{1.0}}
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Line 15: Cannot locate menu item:
> {{New}}-{{1.0}}
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.AutoGUIUtil.throwCor eException(AutoGUIUtil.java:616)
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.AutoGUIUtil.throwCor eException(AutoGUIUtil.java:608)
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.macro.MacroObjectLoc ator.locatePopupMenuItem(MacroObjectLocator.java:432)
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.macro.MacroObjectLoc ator.locateCommandTarget(MacroObjectLocator.java:92)
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.commands.BooleanSele ctionCommand.playback(BooleanSelectionCommand.java:258)
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.test.auto.gui.internal.commands.MacroComman dShell$4.run(MacroCommandShell.java:1160)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:3 5)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchr onizer.java:123)
>
>
> Thanks,
> Pushparaj
>
Re: Recording Preference Dialog events [message #118576 is a reply to message #117305] Mon, 26 November 2007 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pushparaj is currently offline Pushparaj
Messages: 62
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Paul,

I am using org.eclipse.swi.widgets.MenuItem in my code,
So i insert following lines in widgetReg.xml,

<class name = "org.eclipse.swt.widgets.MenuItem" matchThreshold = "0.6">
<method name = "getDescription" weight = "0.6"/>
<method name = "getID" weight = "0.6"/>
</class>

But still i am facing the same problem.

Thanks,
Pushparaj
Re: Recording Preference Dialog events [message #118582 is a reply to message #118576] Mon, 26 November 2007 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
The description/ID of the menu must be different than what is in the
recorded macro. Record a new test with that menu and compare the
description/ID.

Paul
"Pushparaj" <pushparaj_94@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:52c2cac809a7f17489ddd5d2b68b9949$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi Paul,
>
> I am using org.eclipse.swi.widgets.MenuItem in my code,
> So i insert following lines in widgetReg.xml,
>
> <class name = "org.eclipse.swt.widgets.MenuItem" matchThreshold = "0.6">
> <method name = "getDescription" weight = "0.6"/>
> <method name = "getID" weight = "0.6"/>
> </class>
>
> But still i am facing the same problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Pushparaj
>
Re: Recording Preference Dialog events [message #118609 is a reply to message #118582] Mon, 26 November 2007 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pushparaj is currently offline Pushparaj
Messages: 62
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Paul,
I recorded the new test. But still i am facing the same problem.

Pushparaj
Re: Recording Preference Dialog events [message #118719 is a reply to message #118609] Wed, 28 November 2007 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Make sure the ID of the widget is unique in your code.

PS
"Pushparaj" <pushparaj_94@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:d99c1b1ca8a4f17c076aefb5cf73db34$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi Paul,
> I recorded the new test. But still i am facing the same problem.
>
> Pushparaj
>
Re: Recording Preference Dialog events [message #118897 is a reply to message #118719] Mon, 03 December 2007 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pushparaj is currently offline Pushparaj
Messages: 62
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Paul,

How/Where can i set the ID for my widget?

Pushparaj.
Re: Recording Preference Dialog events [message #118988 is a reply to message #118897] Tue, 04 December 2007 06:39 Go to previous message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Add a method called getId() to your widget and add that megthod to your
widget resolver:

http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/test/documents/userguides/Intro- Auto-GUI-4-4-0.html#2.4

"Pushparaj" <pushparaj_94@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:ee7f42bda50d67ee3665d5b600864c3c$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi Paul,
>
> How/Where can i set the ID for my widget?
>
> Pushparaj.
>
Previous Topic:FileTransferAgent - strange behaviour
Next Topic:proxy recorder _not_ listening to port1080
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Jul 23 03:57:52 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02265 seconds