Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Koneki doesn't open lua scripts in RH Linux(Koneki doesn't open lua scripts in RH Linux)
Koneki doesn't open lua scripts in RH Linux [message #881312] Mon, 04 June 2012 10:19 Go to next message
Avinash P is currently offline Avinash PFriend
Hi,

I'm running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.8 (Tikanga) 64 bit.
I've tried the 64bit Koneki tar ball file provided on the site.
When I open a .lua file, I get the below exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/naef/jnlua/LuaException
at org.eclipse.koneki.ldt.parser.LuaSourceParserFactory.createSourceParser(LuaSourceParserFactory.java:29)
at org.eclipse.dltk.ast.parser.SourceParserManager$SourceParserContribution.getSourceParser(SourceParserManager.java:106)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.naef.jnlua (4).
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:121)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:453)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:393)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:33)
at org.eclipse.dltk.core.search.indexing.AbstractJob.execute(AbstractJob.java:76)
at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.search.processing.JobManager.run(JobManager.java:467)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in com.naef.jnlua.Activator.start() of bundle com.naef.jnlua.
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:806)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:755)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:370)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:284)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:417)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:265)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:106)
... 26 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/prayaga/Koneki_x64/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/5/1/.cp/lib/liblua5.1.so: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /home/prayaga/Koneki_x64/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/5/1/.cp/lib/liblua5.1.so)
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1803)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1712)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1028)
at com.naef.jnlua.Activator.start(Activator.java:37)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:783)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:774)
... 32 more

I've also tried by building the liblua5.1.so and libjnlua5.1.so on GNU CLIB 2.7 and replaced them in the com.naef.jnlua.linux64_0.9.1.201201241319.jar file. But still .lua files are not opening.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Avinash
Re: Koneki doesn't open lua scripts in RH Linux [message #881465 is a reply to message #881312] Mon, 04 June 2012 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Hello Avinash, and thanks for the report.
This is weird, we just tested on an Ubuntu x64 and it works well.

Assuming you have managed to compile liblua5.1.so and libjnlua5.1.so correctly, and it seems you did Wink then maybe what went wrong is how you replaced these 2 files in the JNLua linux64 JAR file.
You should start eclipse with the "-clean" option after having replaced the files; so as the OSGi cache for this bundle gets refreshed.

On a side note, you seem to be running an old version of LDT (201201241319), it would probably do no harm to try with a more recent version, just in case Smile

Keep us posted, there's definitely something look weird here!

Re: Koneki doesn't open lua scripts in RH Linux [message #882459 is a reply to message #881465] Wed, 06 June 2012 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I tried running the LuaDevelopmentTools with --clean option but that didn't help.
(I also tried deleting the .so files manually from the config/../bundles/.. directory and relaunched the LDT IDE. The .so files that I've packaged in the jar file are extracted to the config/../bundles/.. directory but LDT IDE still doesn't open the .lua files.) I've not tried on Ubuntu as my project mandates RedHat Linux.

Also, you've pointed out that I'm running on an older version of LDT. So, I tried downloading the Linux 64 bit tar ball file from the Koneki site but its the same version I have on my machine. I think the site is not pointing to the latest build.
Could you please redirect me to the latest build location? I would give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
Avinash
Re: Koneki doesn't open lua scripts in RH Linux [message #882460 is a reply to message #881465] Wed, 06 June 2012 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I tried running the LuaDevelopmentTools with --clean option but that didn't help.

Also, you've pointed out that I'm running on an older version of LDT. So, I tried downloading the Linux 64 bit tar ball file from the Koneki site but its the same version I have on my machine. I think the site is not pointing to the latest build.
Could you please redirect me to the latest build location? I would give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
Avinash
Re: Koneki doesn't open lua scripts in RH Linux [message #882501 is a reply to message #882460] Wed, 06 June 2012 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Do you have the exact same weird "GLIBC_2.7 not found" issue with the updated .so's?

WRT the "old" version of LDT, I assume you have downloaded the standalone RCP product, right? In order to get the up-to-date version you'd need to update it (Help > Check for updates). Actually it should even have updated itself automatically, but maybe the PC you're using LDT on is not connected to the internet (or behind a proxy, which you would thus need to configure in the preferences).
The version we serve on the website is still the "old" one for the reason it is quite a PITA to produce a newer one, and the old one gets updated anyway.

Benjamin

Re: Koneki doesn't open lua scripts in RH Linux [message #891472 is a reply to message #882501] Mon, 25 June 2012 04:07 Go to previous message
Balaji Sundaresan is currently offline Balaji SundaresanFriend
Avinash and I were able to get this working on a RH Linux box with some changes.

Summary of changes:
1. Installed Koneki LDT and got the latest updates.
2. Replaced the libjnlua5.1.so and liblua5.1.so with the locally built ones (at eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/<numbered folder>/1/.cp/lib/)
3. Downloaded jnlua 0.9.4 added Activator.class from koneki's jnlua (0.9.1).

One thing we notice is that LuaMessageHandlerException.java file exists in the source (even though we could not find any references by other sources) but is not present in the packaged jar. Could this be the issue? Asking because when we tried to create a LuaState object from a piece of java code using koneki's jnlua jar (0.9.1) it threw an exception LuaMessageHandlerException class not found.

Thanks

Previous Topic:Installing LDT on Aptana Studio - Mac OS 10.7 64bit
Next Topic:Debugging wxLua programs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:12:09 GMT 2024