Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Activities do not hide BIRT views
Activities do not hide BIRT views [message #881233] Mon, 04 June 2012 03:35 Go to next message
Timothy Vogel is currently offline Timothy Vogel
Messages: 71
Registered: July 2009
Member
Below is the activities extension in my plugin.xml from an RCP application. I am able to successfully hide views in my plugin and views contributed from various eclipse plugins. However the views from BIRT (at the bottom) have resisted my attempts to hide.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

   <extension
         point="org.eclipse.ui.activities">
      <activity
            id="base.contributedViews"
            name="contributedViews">
      </activity>
      <activityPatternBinding
            activityId="base.contributedViews"
            isEqualityPattern="false"
            pattern="org\.eclipse\.ui\.views/.*ContentOutline.*">
      </activityPatternBinding>
      <activityPatternBinding
            activityId="base.contributedViews"
            isEqualityPattern="false"
            pattern="org\.eclipse\.gef/.*palette_view">
      </activityPatternBinding>
      <activityPatternBinding
            activityId="base.contributedViews"
            isEqualityPattern="false"
            pattern="org\.eclipse\.ui\.views/.*PropertySheet">
      </activityPatternBinding>
      <activityPatternBinding
            activityId="base.contributedViews"
            isEqualityPattern="false"
            pattern="org\.eclipse\.birt.*/.*View.*">
      </activityPatternBinding>
Re: Activities do not hide BIRT views [message #881959 is a reply to message #881233] Tue, 05 June 2012 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

If you specify a pattern of one of the views completely (Without using
a regular expression) does it work? I wonder if it is conflicting with
the activities extension point that is in the org.eclipse.birt plugin.

Jason

On 6/4/2012 3:35 AM, Timothy Vogel wrote:
> Below is the activities extension in my plugin.xml from an RCP
> application. I am able to successfully hide views in my plugin and views
> contributed from various eclipse plugins. However the views from BIRT
> (at the bottom) have resisted my attempts to hide.
> Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.
>
>
> <extension
> point="org.eclipse.ui.activities">
> <activity
> id="base.contributedViews"
> name="contributedViews">
> </activity>
> <activityPatternBinding
> activityId="base.contributedViews"
> isEqualityPattern="false"
> pattern="org\.eclipse\.ui\.views/.*ContentOutline.*">
> </activityPatternBinding>
> <activityPatternBinding
> activityId="base.contributedViews"
> isEqualityPattern="false"
> pattern="org\.eclipse\.gef/.*palette_view">
> </activityPatternBinding>
> <activityPatternBinding
> activityId="base.contributedViews"
> isEqualityPattern="false"
> pattern="org\.eclipse\.ui\.views/.*PropertySheet">
> </activityPatternBinding>
> <activityPatternBinding
> activityId="base.contributedViews"
> isEqualityPattern="false"
> pattern="org\.eclipse\.birt.*/.*View.*">
> </activityPatternBinding>
>
Re: Activities do not hide BIRT views [message #882389 is a reply to message #881959] Wed, 06 June 2012 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Timothy Vogel is currently offline Timothy Vogel
Messages: 71
Registered: July 2009
Member
Jason,
Thanks for your quick reply!

Changed the BIRT pattern to below. The report designer view still shows in the list.
Any suggestions for overriding the BIRT activities?


      <activityPatternBinding
            activityId="com.easa.acmotor.base.contributedViews"
            isEqualityPattern="true"
            pattern="org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.views/org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.views.data.DataView">
      </activityPatternBinding>
Re: Activities do not hide BIRT views [message #882590 is a reply to message #882389] Wed, 06 June 2012 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Can you open a bugzilla request for this. Maybe someone on the dev team
will have an idea of how to work around this.

Jason

On 6/6/2012 7:21 AM, Timothy Vogel wrote:
> Jason,
> Thanks for your quick reply!
>
> Changed the BIRT pattern to below. The report designer view still shows
> in the list. Any suggestions for overriding the BIRT activities?
>
>
>
> <activityPatternBinding
> activityId="com.easa.acmotor.base.contributedViews"
> isEqualityPattern="true"
> pattern="org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.views/org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.views.data.DataView">
>
> </activityPatternBinding>
>
Re: Activities do not hide BIRT views [message #882800 is a reply to message #882590] Thu, 07 June 2012 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Timothy Vogel is currently offline Timothy Vogel
Messages: 71
Registered: July 2009
Member
Bug filed
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=381958
Re: Activities do not hide BIRT views [message #883113 is a reply to message #882800] Thu, 07 June 2012 17:39 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Thanks for posting the bug.

Jason

On 6/7/2012 4:21 AM, Timothy Vogel wrote:
> Bug filed
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=381958
Previous Topic:a ReportServiceException while running the report using BIRT Viewer 3.7.1
Next Topic:A few questions on Crosstab
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Aug 30 06:39:37 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02107 seconds