Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Automatic/Dynamic mirror selection in P2 enabled Update Manager
Automatic/Dynamic mirror selection in P2 enabled Update Manager [message #116006] Wed, 13 August 2008 17:54 Go to next message
Suganya Devi is currently offline Suganya DeviFriend
In my project we are planning to P2ise the update manager. Inaddition to this, we are also planning to mirror the P2 repo.

We do auto update in our application (no find and install option). In this case I have to do mirror selection silently (dynamic). Since update policy is obssolete in Eclipse 3.4, I would like to know how to do dynamic mirror selection for a P2 enabled update manager.
Re: Automatic/Dynamic mirror selection in P2 enabled Update Manager [message #116141 is a reply to message #116006] Fri, 15 August 2008 15:15 Go to previous message
Suganya Devi is currently offline Suganya DeviFriend
The main idea is to create mirrors at each client location from the main update server. During auto update (we have only auto update, no find and install option), the P2 enabled RCP Update Manager has to dynamically pick the mirror site (as like P2 implementation).

I'm not finding info about how it is implemented in P2.
Previous Topic:budle vs. plugin
Next Topic:P2 Repo Mirroring - more than one mirror thro' a single command
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:43:51 GMT 2024