Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [EMF Compare] Import project to Eclipse (solved)(Trying to import EMF Compare and build in Eclipse)
[EMF Compare] Import project to Eclipse (solved) [message #879307] Wed, 30 May 2012 20:20
C. Thompson is currently offline C. Thompson
What is the process to download EMF Compare source, make changes, and build it on Eclipse?

I saw the EMF Compare/Contributor Guide on the wiki.

I cloned the git repo for EMF Compare, and imported the project into my workspace like the wiki says. But when I build the project I get lots of dependency issues and the MANIFEST.MF files all have some bundle that cannot be resolved.

Also how does one build the project?

I also recently tried to check out the 1.3 branch and run, mvn clean package -Pindigo But I run into lots of errors:

[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
[ERROR] Software being installed: org.eclipse.emf.compare.diagram.papyrus 1.3.1.qualifier
[ERROR] Missing requirement: org.eclipse.emf.compare.diagram.papyrus 1.3.1.qualifier requires 'bundle org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.common 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Edit - 01/06/2012
I think one of the major problems is the Manifest file. There are lots of unsatisfied constraint errors. How do I make sure all of the imported packages are satisfied?

Edit - 04/06/2012
I have started to search the build file for the bundles that are missing. I was able to find one Google.commons missing, That is found at: code.google. com/p/guava-libraries/. Just download and install guava.jar.
I am working on Papyrus dependency problems now. I cannot install the jars from the download pages because I keep getting dependency not satisfied errors... I do not know how to fix that.

Edit - 21/06/2012
I got a response from one of the project submitters. It is on Stackoverflow question 10903837. The title is Setting up EMF Compare on Eclipse and compiling. The simple answer to this question is only add a few projects to the workspace.

This is part of his complete response.
The core of EMF Compare, and the only things you really need to have in your workspace to compile a functional model comparison support, is the following set of plugins for the 1.3 branch (o.e.e.c stands for "org.eclipse.emf.compare") :

o.e.e.c
o.e.e.c.diff
o.e.e.c.diff.edit
o.e.e.c.logical
o.e.e.c.logical.ui
o.e.e.c.match
o.e.e.c.ui

If you need the diagram comparison support, you can import :

o.e.e.c.diagram
o.e.e.c.diagram.ecoretools
o.e.e.c.diagram.edit
o.e.e.c.diagram.ui