Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » KDM Method Invocation(How to associate target object and arguments?)
KDM Method Invocation [message #878687] Tue, 29 May 2012 18:26 Go to next message
Andre Esteve is currently offline Andre EsteveFriend
First of all, I would like to thank you all! I am using MoDisco in my master's thesis and it's saving me a lot of effort.

I just got stuck trying to figure out how I can analyse a KDM ActionElement representing a method invocation.

How can I tell which code element is the target object (the object that will receive the method call) and which are the method arguments?

In this post ( www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/315892 ), it is said that the KDM does not currently contain method body information. Maybe it is a feature under implementation?

I am using MoDicos 0.10, and I would like as much as possible avoid language specific models.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Andre.

[Updated on: Tue, 29 May 2012 18:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: KDM Method Invocation [message #878970 is a reply to message #878687] Wed, 30 May 2012 09:38 Go to previous message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

KDM Action Elements of kind "method invocation" have Calls accessible via their reference actionRelation.
Each Calls element has "to" and "from" references, respectively giving the called MethodUnit and the element (variable, other method invocation, etc) on which it is called.
However, the method arguments are not managed by the current version.

A first alternative for you is to take a look to the implementation of the Java-to-KDM transformation (cf. the reference documentation for getting the corresponding pointers) and propose to implement the needed feature.
A second alternative is to consider directly using the MoDisco Java metamodel and corresponding discoverer.

Best regards,

Hugo

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
--------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic:Problems with webApp MoDisco model and ATL transformation
Next Topic:Java Model not linked to GASTM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:13:27 GMT 2024