Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Materialize from git fails if slash in branch name
Materialize from git fails if slash in branch name [message #878442] Tue, 29 May 2012 10:06 Go to next message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
My attempt to materialize from a git repository fails if an advisor node specifies a branchTagPath with a "/" character in the middle of the branch name (this is NOT with / as the leading character to specify a tag).

Has anyone else encountered this, or alternatively has anyone successfully used an embedded "/" in the branchTagPath for a git repo?

I'll file a bugzilla if no-one reports this as working for them.

This is Buckminster 1.4.0, by the way.
Re: Materialize from git fails if slash in branch name [message #878853 is a reply to message #878442] Wed, 30 May 2012 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
This is a bug. Slashes in the middle of a name should be allowed for Git branch names. A leading slash can never be
allowed though since this signifies a tag rather than a branch. In retrospect, using a slash for this was a bad choice
of character but it's hard to change at this point.

Please file a bugzilla.

- thomas

On 05/29/2012 12:06 PM, Matthew Webber wrote:
> My attempt to materialize from a git repository fails if an advisor node specifies a branchTagPath with a "/" character
> in the middle of the branch name (this is NOT with / as the leading character to specify a tag).
>
> Has anyone else encountered this, or alternatively has anyone successfully used an embedded "/" in the branchTagPath for
> a git repo?
>
> I'll file a bugzilla if no-one reports this as working for them.
>
> This is Buckminster 1.4.0, by the way.
Re: Materialize from git fails if slash in branch name [message #888705 is a reply to message #878853] Mon, 18 June 2012 14:13 Go to previous message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
Bugzilla https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=382869 filed.
Thanks
Previous Topic:How to organize JUnit tests for running with Buckminster
Next Topic:Eclipse-SourceReferences
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:09:11 GMT 2024