Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError cannot be cast to java.lang.Exception
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError cannot be cast to java.lang.Exception [message #876171] Thu, 24 May 2012 03:44 Go to next message
smith link is currently offline smith linkFriend
Messages: 14
Registered: May 2012
Junior Member
Hello
I'm using birt 2.3.2,tomcat6.0, jdk1.6.
when i include the same report into one jsp file, i always get follow exception :
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError cannot be cast to java.lang.Exception

jsp file :
<body>
<iframe width="900" height="200" src="curalarmevent.jsp">
</iframe>
<iframe width="900" height="200" src="curalarmevent.jsp">
</iframe>
</body>

curalarmevent.jsp:

<%@page import="java.net.URLDecoder"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/birt.tld" prefix="birt" %>
<%
String path = request.getContextPath();
String basePath = request.getScheme()+"://"+request.getServerName()+":"+request.getServerPort()+path+"/";
%>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<base href="<%=basePath%>">
<title>MyEclipse Sample Report Access Webpage</title>
</head>

<body>
<!-- <a href="<%= path + "/frameset?__report=reports/curalarmevent.rptdesign&__format=HTML" %>">View Report (reports/alarmquery.rptdesign)</a>-->
<birt:viewer id="birtViewer" reportDesign="reports/curalarmevent.rptdesign"
pattern="frameset"
format="HTML"
isHostPage="true"
showNavigationBar="true"
showToolBar="true">
</birt:viewer>

</body>
</html>

Thank you.
Re: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError cannot be cast to java.lang.Exception [message #876172 is a reply to message #876171] Thu, 24 May 2012 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith link is currently offline smith linkFriend
Messages: 14
Registered: May 2012
Junior Member
when i refresh jsp file, i get the follow exception sometimes!

org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.openReportDocument(ReportEngineService.java:504) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.openReportDocument(BirtViewerReportService.java:241) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.getPageCount(BirtViewerReportService.java:666) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPageActionHandler.prepareParameters(AbstractGetPageActionHandler.java:140) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPageActionHandler.__execute(AbstractGetPageActionHandler.java:106) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleGetPage(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:87) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor118.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor112.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397) at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186) at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323) at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32) at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118) at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83) at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454) at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281) at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699) at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:225) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637) at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:112) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:877) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11AprProtocol.java:594) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1675) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDocument(ReportEngineHelper.java:413) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.openReportDocument(ReportEngine.java:626) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.openReportDocument(ReportEngineService.java:498) ... 42 more
Re: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError cannot be cast to java.lang.Exception [message #876545 is a reply to message #876172] Thu, 24 May 2012 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Are you setting this JVM parameter on Tomcat:
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

Jason


On 5/23/2012 11:48 PM, smith link wrote:
> when i refresh jsp file, i get the follow exception sometimes!
>
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.openReportDocument(ReportEngineService.java:504)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.openReportDocument(BirtViewerReportService.java:241)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.getPageCount(BirtViewerReportService.java:666)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPageActionHandler.prepareParameters(AbstractGetPageActionHandler.java:140)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPageActionHandler.__execute(AbstractGetPageActionHandler.java:106)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleGetPage(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:87)
> at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor118.invoke(Unknown Source) at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66)
> at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor112.invoke(Unknown Source) at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at
> org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
> at
> org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
> at
> org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323) at
> org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
> at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118) at
> org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83) at
> org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
> at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281) at
> org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:225)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637) at
> org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:112)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:877)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11AprProtocol.java:594)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1675)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)Caused by:
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDocument(ReportEngineHelper.java:413)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.openReportDocument(ReportEngine.java:626)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.openReportDocument(ReportEngineService.java:498)
> ... 42 more
Re: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError cannot be cast to java.lang.Exception [message #876658 is a reply to message #876545] Fri, 25 May 2012 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith link is currently offline smith linkFriend
Messages: 14
Registered: May 2012
Junior Member
Thanks Jason.
I have already set the JVM parameter on Tomcat, but the exception still remains.
Re: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError cannot be cast to java.lang.Exception [message #876929 is a reply to message #876658] Fri, 25 May 2012 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Any chance you could try this with a later version of BIRT?

Jason

On 5/24/2012 11:42 PM, smith link wrote:
> Thanks Jason. I have already set the JVM parameter on Tomcat, but the
> exception still remains.
Re: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError cannot be cast to java.lang.Exception [message #877903 is a reply to message #876929] Mon, 28 May 2012 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith link is currently offline smith linkFriend
Messages: 14
Registered: May 2012
Junior Member
Thanks Jason, I have no power to change it, and can only be version 2.3.2! I'm very sorry to say so.
Re: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError cannot be cast to java.lang.Exception [message #878630 is a reply to message #877903] Tue, 29 May 2012 15:29 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Do you get this error if you create one jsp page and just include two of:
<birt:viewer id="birtViewer"
reportDesign="reports/curalarmevent.rptdesign"
pattern="frameset"
format="HTML"
isHostPage="true"
showNavigationBar="true"
showToolBar="true">
</birt:viewer>

BTW have you looked over these bugzilla entries:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced;short_desc=ReportServiceException%20;short_desc_type=allwordssubstr;classification=BIRT;product=BIRT


Jason

On 5/27/2012 11:13 PM, smith link wrote:
> Thanks Jason, I have no power to change it, and can only be version
> 2.3.2! I'm very sorry to say so.
Previous Topic:Tooltip location
Next Topic:Not able to sort on Grand Total in Crosstab Report
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Nov 27 13:42:00 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.15949 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software