Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Local mirror of eclipse repository(Should it be possible to mirror an eclipse repository locally?)
Local mirror of eclipse repository [message #875754] Wed, 23 May 2012 09:23
Benjamin Schwertfeger is currently offline Benjamin SchwertfegerFriend
Hello,
I'm working on eclipse plug-in development and target platform definitions. The p2 repositories at download.eclipse.org (e.g. for releases/juno) are composite repositories which delegate to children like "201204110900" or to repositories by absolute URL like "http://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/packages/juno/".

It is possible to mirror the whole eclipse folder and register as internal or official mirror. But the problem is always the same:

If I enter a mirror in my eclipse available software sites, which is not download.eclipse.org, the small compositeArtifacts and compositeContents are caught from there, but the final content and artifact is downloaded from eclipse.org.

This would be ok, if eclipse.org is accessible through the firewall and fast. From germany I can observe many time outs and slow connections at noon for weeks now.

Is this the designed behavior? Is there another way to mirror compositeRepositories as they are without flatten it to one repository?
Previous Topic:P2 build simpleconfigurator/bundles.info includes extra bundles
Next Topic:Perform site.xml "Build All" programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:18:51 GMT 2024