Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Jubula » Configuring a Packaged MacOSX app
Configuring a Packaged MacOSX app [message #873688] Fri, 18 May 2012 21:02 Go to next message
Amanda Mitchell is currently offline Amanda Mitchell
I am working on getting Jubula up and running on Mac 10.7 and I cannot get my RCP AUT configured properly in Jubula, so that it opens the app, while the folders that need to be accessed are in the packaged app. The app is packaged using the EclipseOSXRepackager.
I have tried setting the working directory and using key aspects from the .plist as arguments to launch the correct plugins, but that never seems to work, because my App cannot find the companion launcher jar. Even though it can be found in the directory I'm pointing at for the working directory. However, if i drop and drag the same executable into the command line, it will launch my app, without any issue.

I found a work around, where i create sym links to the folders that I need in the directory of the .app and set that directory as my working directory.

Does anyone know specifically how to configure a package AUT to launch properly via Jubula? I'd prefer not to have to use the work around if necessary.
Re: Configuring a Packaged MacOSX app [message #873813 is a reply to message #873688] Sat, 19 May 2012 06:32 Go to previous message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim Loerke

I've never heard of EclipseOSXRepackager so I don't know how this stuff works. For a "normal" Eclipse.app you could just start "Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse" as your AUT (after adding the rcp accessor). If your application is packaged in some other way you may succeed in using "open YourApplication.app" as the executable. You may have to specify "open" as executable and "YourApplication.app" as parameter.

Achim
Previous Topic:how to run specific test case?
Next Topic:Remote: Start Test Execution, doesn't work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 25 07:17:58 GMT 2014