Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Spring MVC Web-bundle no context created
Spring MVC Web-bundle no context created [message #872462] Wed, 16 May 2012 07:15 Go to next message
Johan Eriksson is currently offline Johan ErikssonFriend
Hi,

I'm running on Virgo Jetty 3.5.0M4. I have an application which has a number of bundles that use Spring. A few of them are web-bundles that use Spring MVC. My application is deployed as a plan - when the plan is not scoped - all my Spring bundles come up fine including the web ones. However, if I make it scoped the web-bundles will not get their application-contexts created. I can see that the web-bundles are publishing services of the type org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler - so they are recognized as web-bundles I take it. Guessing there is some dependency that is not fulfilled but the logs have nothing to give me a hint as to what is missing...

Help would be appreciated.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 May 2012 14:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Spring MVC Web-bundle no context created [message #874352 is a reply to message #872462] Sun, 20 May 2012 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
700 views and not a single response... I would really appreciate a comment from someone on the Virgo-team. If just to let me know how to debug this further... Even with logs set to trace-level I see no clues as to why this is failing. Is it fundamentally so that WABs cannot be scoped ?
Re: Spring MVC Web-bundle no context created [message #874743 is a reply to message #874352] Mon, 21 May 2012 13:26 Go to previous message
So... as I was running out of ideas I tried switching over to Virgo Tomcat 3.5.0M4... and all of a sudden it just works. I wanted to stick with Jetty for legacy reasons but I guess the Jetty flavor of Virgo is not on par with the Tomcat one... a road less travelled I assume.
Previous Topic:HELP ABOUT Spring STS 3.0 with virgo tomcat server
Next Topic:Logback DBAppender in Virgo.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:23:43 GMT 2024