Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Export Product Wizard Problems - No repository found
Export Product Wizard Problems - No repository found [message #872208] Tue, 15 May 2012 17:05 Go to next message
Brandon Lewis is currently offline Brandon LewisFriend
I have successfully run and built an Eclipse RCP application in a directory and exported the built product to end users.

I have copied all those files to another directory and committed the code into my revision control system. Thus, I have a working backup copy. (thank goodness)

I have re-launched Eclipse in the new workspace with the revision controlled set of files. They are all checked out, so Eclipse can manipulate them at will.

For my given product configuration, I am able to "Launch an Eclipse Application" from the new directory for the product configuration in question.

I cannot, however, get Export Product Wizard to export the product. I get the following error:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=profile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
No repository found containing: binary,My_Product_root.win32.win32.x86,1.0.0

Unnervingly, in the original directory, I can still export the product just fine.

I have:
1) relaunched Eclipse several times
2) relaunched Eclipse with -clean option
3) cleaned my Project
4) manually removed .metadata from the new workspace and
5) re imported existing projects

I have tracked down that during the Export Product phase, Eclipse itself creates the "missing" bin file in one of its metadata directories:

./.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/tempp2metadata/binary/My_Product_root.win32.win32.x86_1.0.0

I can remove and watch Export product wizard recreate that file at will.

I can't figure out why the Export wizard can create the file it needs and then not find it. It drives me insane that I can see it, Eclipse can create it, but Eclipse then complains it can't find it.

At my wits ends.

This build process seems to consistently be the most voodoo step of the Eclipse environment for me. I'm not going anywhere near Ant or headless for the time being seeing I can't wrap my head around the basics.

I have searched Google all morning, and almost all mentions of this error point to past upgrades people had moving from Helios to Indigo. I don't have that problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions of steps I've missed, or suggestions of other things I can try?

I may attempt a new product configuration, but that defeats the purpose of checking in the existing product configuration to begin with.

First post.... Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 15 May 2012 17:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Export Product Wizard Problems - No repository found [message #872209 is a reply to message #872208] Tue, 15 May 2012 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse 3.7.2 is my version
Re: Export Product Wizard Problems - No repository found [message #872212 is a reply to message #872209] Tue, 15 May 2012 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At least my abject failure appears to be repeatable even after creating a new product configuration and being able to launch it as an Eclipse application.
Re: Export Product Wizard Problems - No repository found [message #872215 is a reply to message #872212] Tue, 15 May 2012 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One more missing item in my process...

At some point this morning I tried to export this product configuration bundling the JRE with it. That's when I first got the error message.

I have since returned to trying not to bundle the JRE and I've not been able to get a successful export since. However, I have not yet seen a successful export of this product in my new directory, so I can't blame the JRE step yet.
Re: Export Product Wizard Problems - No repository found [message #875424 is a reply to message #872208] Tue, 22 May 2012 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm...

Can someone help me locate the log file of what PDE build is doing then so I can compare my working set against my non-working set to try and divine what is going on?

Hopefully it kicks out a log somewhere.
Re: Export Product Wizard Problems - No repository found [message #876000 is a reply to message #875424] Wed, 23 May 2012 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah if someone could help me find the log file, that would help a lot.

Today I did what I thought was the sure fire debug step of blowing away my entire revision controlled directory structure. Got a clean start. No residual files at all. Clean.

I then exported as an archive all the projects from my working workspace. Extracted them into the new workspace. Imported the existing projects.

I was able to launch the product no problem. But I still can't build the product with the Product export wizard - same error.

There's apparently something magic about my working workspace directory and/or something cursed with the directory where I want to check it in.

Can't debug anything without a log cause it's all a blackbox.

Anyone? All 100+ of the reads have never seen this?
Re: Export Product Wizard Problems - No repository found [message #876057 is a reply to message #872208] Wed, 23 May 2012 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uh oh... searches on Export product wizard are winding up with this post being the second highest hit. Frightening.

I've discovered that I can get the product to build without this error by unchecking the "Generate metadata repository" button.

However, the exported product does not launch - probably because it's missing the repository? - so that really isn't much of an improvement.
Re: Export Product Wizard Problems - No repository found [message #876386 is a reply to message #872208] Thu, 24 May 2012 13:53 Go to previous message
Okay... maybe someone could answer this... would it be better if I posted this question to:

Home » Eclipse Projects » PDE - Plugin Development Environment

I'm obviously new here (and possibly impatient)
Previous Topic:How do you edit the eclipse.ini file?
Next Topic:Cant get Eclipse Indigo to see Glassfish 3.1.2 open source edition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:35:26 GMT 2024