Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Jubula » copy/paste test step from one test case to another one
copy/paste test step from one test case to another one [message #871533] Mon, 14 May 2012 07:02 Go to next message
shmoib Samy is currently offline shmoib Samy
I want to drag/drop or copy/paste test step from one test case to another one.
Does anyone know how to do this?
Re: copy/paste test step from one test case to another one [message #871546 is a reply to message #871533] Mon, 14 May 2012 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra Schladebeck
Hi,

Copy and paste isn't possible, as such. A forum entry with a link to an enhancement with more details is here.

The basic gist is that instead of creating redundancies, you should modularize and reuse actions and sequences that reoccur in your tests Smile

If you find yourself needing to re-enter the same test step details again and again, you should think of using the library of modules to replace test steps - it's easier and less effort.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: copy/paste test step from one test case to another one [message #872072 is a reply to message #871533] Tue, 15 May 2012 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
while creating a test case I forgot to record one step so I recorded this missing step in a different test case then wanted to move it to the initial test case.

The only work around I found was to create the test step manually
Re: copy/paste test step from one test case to another one [message #872079 is a reply to message #872072] Tue, 15 May 2012 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra Schladebeck
If you are using the observation mode, you can record into an already open editor then move the test step by drag and drop within that editor.
Re: copy/paste test step from one test case to another one [message #872082 is a reply to message #872079] Tue, 15 May 2012 08:25 Go to previous message
I tired this and it's working fine. Thanks alot
Previous Topic:No suitable driver error when running Jubula on 64-bit CentOS
Next Topic:Mapping Problem Jlabel & JTable in tabbed panel/panel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 25 06:37:15 EDT 2014