Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Delivering new version of plugin(Built a plugin and now I have a new version, how do I deploy so that users will see update is available?)
Delivering new version of plugin [message #870802] Wed, 09 May 2012 18:09
Jim Crossgrove is currently offline Jim CrossgroveFriend
I built a plugin using Eclipse 3.4.2 (the target environment is an RCP application built using 3.4.2). I used the feature project, and update site project tools in Eclipse to build and deploy an update site. I now have many users of version 1.0.0, and I need to deploy some fixes in a new version (I'm using 1.0.1).

I changed the feature.xml file to have the new version number on the feature tag and the plugin tag. I also changed the site.xml file to have a new jar file name and version number on the feature tag.

With the changes done to the update site, I try using a "Search for updates of the currently installed features" option, and it tells me there are no updates available.

I've tried changing some versions in the content.xml file also, but have not been able to have it find that an update is available. Are there other attributes in these feature/update site xml files that I'm supposed to change to have it recognize that I have a new version available? Am I supposed to use the "feature patch" to deliver a new version?

I know I can get it to work by uninstalling and reinstalling, but would like to take advantage of the "Search for updates" option.
Previous Topic:Problem to generate some plugins in p2 format
Next Topic:Action on open file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 23 03:01:26 GMT 2014