Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Exporting projects with code
Exporting projects with code [message #870703] Wed, 09 May 2012 11:58
Zabdiel Reyes is currently offline Zabdiel Reyes
Hi eclipse forums, I am very new to Eclipse Plugin Development.
I'm trying to create a simple plugin which work as a batch jar exporter with version history, Just add a button in the toolbar and a preference page to configure the name of the jar desired, the directory of the jar, the directory of the versions track and which files or folders of the project to ignore when exporting . Each time you press button it will auto export the current project and will create a backup of that compile jar into the configured folder, also compressing current project folder and making copies of the source code.But my knowledge of what tools I can use and which I have to use its not letting me progress. Crying or Very Sad

I have created a button and the preference page with the templates provided, but I think im doing something wrong cuz when I run it in the testing IDE its freeze when try to run (normal way) a test project just with a hello world.

Will be of great help if someone give me a hint or something so I can get this working.
However this is the list of the things i don't know how to implement.

• Get Current Project
  • Export Jar
  • Get status of project (Warnings or Errors or Good)
  • proper way to create a ResourceSelectionDialog or somehting similar in the preference page

Previous Topic:get Remove Library Event
Next Topic:Problem to generate some plugins in p2 format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 23 09:01:57 GMT 2014