Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Orion (Archived) » Use find function to search a text string
Use find function to search a text string [message #870596] Tue, 08 May 2012 21:22 Go to next message
Joe Ertaba is currently offline Joe ErtabaFriend
Hi,

Is it possible to use the built-in find tool (in textModel) to search within another text string rather than the one in textModel. The reason I ask this question is because, in all modern text editors, there is an option to search within local files. I know that it is possible to make a new JS library for that. But a better idea is to have a single source for search and just fetch the content through a new library and pass them to the search library.
Re: Use find function to search a text string [message #871308 is a reply to message #870596] Fri, 11 May 2012 20:42 Go to previous message
John Arthorne is currently offline John ArthorneFriend
I don't know if it is possible, but it is not intended to work. The find function in the editor was only designed to use within a single editor. Multi-file search is really quite a different use case from single file. You need a way to represent, organize, and filter through results, a way to scope the search, etc. There is a separate service that performs this in Orion (see searchClient.js). There is currently only a server-side implementation of this service, although I believe a fully client-side implementation of that service is being explored as well.
Previous Topic:"token_space" modifications to count number of spaces
Next Topic:Plans for Debugging
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:51:46 GMT 2024