Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » ecore model from .di
ecore model from .di [message #870325] Mon, 07 May 2012 16:14 Go to next message
elhache elhache is currently offline elhache elhache
Hi All,

I would like to experiment model transformation technologies. ATL, actually.

My ultimate goal is to create a sequence diagram using Papyrus diagram, then, to use
ATL to produce a state diagram model. The final step is to convert the obtained diagram into Papyrus format for visualization.

My Question is : how to obtain (grammatically, or with an existing tool) an ecore model from a Papyrus model i.e., .di ?

I need that because ATL takes an ecore model as input.

Thanks a lot.

el

Re: ecore model from .di [message #871965 is a reply to message #870325] Tue, 15 May 2012 08:23 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille Letavernier
Hello,

You should not try to convert a Papyrus model to an Ecore model. You should use the UML.ecore metamodel instead.

For your transformations, you should work with *.uml files (ie. the semantic files), which conform to the UML.ecore Metamodel. You can also work with notation.ecore (from ) + *.notation files for your diagram visualisations, although it is probably a lot more complicated (*.notation files are not trivial at all).

UML Metamodel (semantic): http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/4.0.0/UML (UML.ecore, from org.eclipse.uml2.uml)
Notation Metamodel (diagrams): http://www.eclipse.org/gmf/runtime/1.0.2/notation (notation.ecore, from org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.notation)

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Papyrus developer
Previous Topic:profile references in uml file
Next Topic:Papyrus/Eclipse Save all does not seems to work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 21 20:23:38 GMT 2014