Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Exception at startup of debugging session(NullPointerException when starting debugging session under MacOS)
Exception at startup of debugging session [message #870165] Mon, 07 May 2012 06:23
André Kempe is currently offline André KempeFriend
Hej everyone,

I try to debug a project (OpenFlipper). Compilation works fine, I also can start the resulting binary from MacOS finder. However I can neither start the application from within Eclipse nor debug it. A simple "Run as" does nothing at all, not even a message that something failed, and when I try to debug I always get a NullPointerException. Please see the attached (and renamed) .log file from .metadata.

The used Eclipse Version is 3.7.2 Build id: M20120208-0800 together with Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools Version: 8.0.2.201202111925.

I also tried Eclipse 4.1.2 and 3.6.2 (don´t remember which CDT version was used there), however the very same results.

I use a Mac with MacOS 10.6.8 and installed JRE is 1.6.0_31.

Has anyone an idea what I am doing wrong or what the problem is at all?? Any workarounds??

Thanks in advance and greetings
André
  • Attachment: Eclipse.log
    (Size: 3.18KB, Downloaded 221 times)
Previous Topic:Install CDT for puppy linux
Next Topic:Creating custom configuration from "Default Configuration" not created correctly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:28:50 GMT 2024