Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » What is the expected behavior when specifying icons for stereotypes?(When I apply a stereotype to an opaque action in an activity diagram, the associated image (icon) is not displayed)
What is the expected behavior when specifying icons for stereotypes? [message #870148] Mon, 07 May 2012 04:00 Go to next message
Tomas Balderas is currently offline Tomas Balderas
Hello. I hope you can help me, please.

I defined a profile with an stereotype called Hotel that extends OpaqueAction. I added an image to this stereotype using the UML tab->Icon frame in the Properties view, and then the Edit Image dialog box (Kind = icon). I specified a 300x300 PNG file in the Content button, see below. I defined the profile before applying it to my activity diagram.

When I applied this stereotype to an instance of OpaqueAction I could see the keyword «hotel» attached to the action, but the action rectangle was not reaplaced by the icon nor the icon appeared inside the action rectangle.

What is the expected operation when applying stereotypes with icons to actions? My intention is that the image I indicated appear instead of the action rectangle.

Thanks. Kindest regards

Image:
http://www.clker.com/cliparts/0/f/9/d/11954317121794711249xor_mika_bostr_m_01.svg.med.png

/TB

[Updated on: Mon, 07 May 2012 04:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What is the expected behavior when specifying icons for stereotypes? [message #870152 is a reply to message #870148] Mon, 07 May 2012 04:44 Go to previous message
Tomas Balderas is currently offline Tomas Balderas
I have just found out the answer.

1. Select the opaque action you want to affect.
2. Apply the stereotype.
3. In the Appearance tab change the value of Stereotype display from Text to Icon or Shape.

For my purposes I selected Shape in 3, but I had to indicate in the definition of the stereotype that the image was a shape, not an icon.

Regards.

/TB
Previous Topic:SoaML plug-in source code please‏
Next Topic:Inconsistent behavior of the dialog box used to select the type of a node in an activity diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 30 14:02:40 GMT 2014