Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Detail records stuck - easy question(Master Detail relationship established but not working)
Detail records stuck - easy question [message #870146] Mon, 07 May 2012 03:27 Go to next message
Jeff Stouse is currently offline Jeff StouseFriend
Eclipse 3.6.2
Windows 7 Pro

I'm missing something so stupid...but almost have no hair left, so please put me out of my misery...

Created a master - detail report. The Master details are located in the detail record of the Grid, with the Detail information located in a separate table in the Detail area of the same grid. The master record contains a Mat_no (matter number) field. The detail table also includes the Mat_no field. The detail table has a DSP paramater bound to the Mat_No field in the Master table.

When I preview the report, the appropriate Master records appear, but the same record (attached to the default/test value in the DSP_Mat_No parameter in the Detail table) shows up under every record.

What stupidly easy thing am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Re: Detail records stuck - easy question [message #870573 is a reply to message #870146] Tue, 08 May 2012 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff Stouse is currently offline Jeff StouseFriend
Since I've had no replies, perhaps my question wasn't very clear. What is happening is that the detail records, which should be related to each of the master records, are instead always the same detail records - those associated with the default value found in the parameter value for the detail table data set.

Master table: (key field is Mat_no)

Detail table: (key field is Mat_no)

Query in detail records data set uses a parameter based on the Mat_no field in the Matter table query. The only detail records that appear (for any of the master table records) are those associated with the mat_no whose number matches the default value of the detail table parameter.

For example, when the Master table is displaying the record information for matter number (mat_no) 2012-101, the detail records being displayed match the matter number (mat_no) of the detail parameter '2012-097' - not '2012-101'

Does that help?

TIA
Re: Detail records stuck - easy question [message #871204 is a reply to message #870573] Fri, 11 May 2012 12:50 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 05/08/2012 01:16 PM, Jeff Stouse wrote:
> Since I've had no replies, perhaps my question wasn't very clear.
> [snip]
My question is what does this have to do with Eclipse?
Previous Topic:occuring PermGen space error
Next Topic:open up jar file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:31:29 GMT 2024