Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Plugin Development - Drag and Drop UI components
Eclipse Plugin Development - Drag and Drop UI components [message #870024] Sat, 05 May 2012 19:37
Dan Zhang is currently offline Dan ZhangFriend

We can drag and drop UI components in Netbeans and swing code is auto generated.
    We can drag and drop UI components in Eclipse to do Android development, and xml is auto generated.
    We can drag and drop UI components in Dreamwaver and html is auto generated.
    We can drag and drop UI components in Eclipse BIRT plugin, and xml is auto generated.

If I want to create a IDE tool like the above to drag and drop some components and have some xml code auto generated. Is there any framework I can take advantage of? I am thinking about eclipse plug-in development. I am wondering if there is any existing code/framework for this so that I don't have to code much to make the DND UI, properties setting and so on, but just put my business logic for xml generation into plugin.

My final work should be: an eclipse plug-in I can install into eclipse. I can drag and drop UI components and auto generate the xml according to the business logic I code into the plugin.
Previous Topic:Error on updating Eclipse SDK
Next Topic:Auto stub
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:02:27 GMT 2024