Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Run job without reporting progress
Run job without reporting progress [message #869612] Thu, 03 May 2012 17:40 Go to next message
Al B is currently offline Al B
Messages: 129
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Is there a way to specify which Job should run with or without reporting
any progress in the Progress View?
Re: Run job without reporting progress [message #869616 is a reply to message #869612] Thu, 03 May 2012 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger Herrmann
Messages: 335
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I think, Job#setUser( false ) is what you are looking for.

HTH
Rüdiger

On 03.05.2012 19:40, AJ wrote:
> Is there a way to specify which Job should run with or without reporting
> any progress in the Progress View?
--
Rüdiger Herrmann
http://codeaffine.com
Re: Run job without reporting progress [message #869632 is a reply to message #869616] Thu, 03 May 2012 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Al B is currently offline Al B
Messages: 129
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Yes, I tried that, but it is shows activity/progress (see attachment).

reloadJob.setPriority(Job.DECORATE);
reloadJob.setUser(false);
reloadJob.schedule();



On 5/3/12 10:51 AM, Rüdiger Herrmann wrote:
> I think, Job#setUser( false ) is what you are looking for.
>
> HTH
> Rüdiger
>
> On 03.05.2012 19:40, AJ wrote:
>> Is there a way to specify which Job should run with or without reporting
>> any progress in the Progress View?
Re: Run job without reporting progress [message #869654 is a reply to message #869632] Thu, 03 May 2012 19:49 Go to previous message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger Herrmann
Messages: 335
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Did you also try Job#setSystem(true)?

Ultimately it is up to the progress viewer implementation, which jobs to
show and how.

HTH
Rüdiger

On 03.05.2012 20:31, AJ wrote:
> Yes, I tried that, but it is shows activity/progress (see attachment).
>
> reloadJob.setPriority(Job.DECORATE);
> reloadJob.setUser(false);
> reloadJob.schedule();
>
>
>
> On 5/3/12 10:51 AM, Rüdiger Herrmann wrote:
>> I think, Job#setUser( false ) is what you are looking for.
>>
>> HTH
>> Rüdiger
>>
>> On 03.05.2012 19:40, AJ wrote:
>>> Is there a way to specify which Job should run with or without reporting
>>> any progress in the Progress View?
>
Previous Topic:Additing subtopic to popup menu
Next Topic:Plugin DebugOptions
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Oct 25 03:39:42 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01671 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software