Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EEF] Property view with groups broken
[EEF] Property view with groups broken [message #868582] Wed, 02 May 2012 08:58 Go to next message
Max Richter is currently offline Max RichterFriend
Hi,

I'm exploring the functions of EEF on top of EMF-generated editors. A collection of XSDs is used as the basis for the EMF and EEF generation processes and EMF seems to work completely fine.
When generating the EEF architecture and adjusting the plugin.xml, the editor java file etc. some of the property views are working appropriately but not all. It seems that whenever multiple child elements are allowed the display is somehow weird with a text edit containing content such as

[primlData:teamMember=com.iscue.xml._2008._11.primlData.impl.TeamMemberTypeImpl@1b191c4 (name: null, phone: null, email: null, id: null)]

and all property views deeper down the hierarchy are not displayed anymore. ("Properties are not available.") Adding such a child element higher in the tree works fine. Sub-elementing works as well, until a similar group case occurs, same weird behavior then.
It's very likely that I forgot to adjust anything or misunderstood some concepts. However, any hint is appreciated, thanks a lot in advance!

Max
Re: [EEF] Property view with groups broken [message #870427 is a reply to message #868582] Tue, 08 May 2012 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Max Richter is currently offline Max RichterFriend
Maybe I can specify the issues I'm encountering now that I investigated a bit more:

In some cases EEF (not EMF, everything is fine there) seems to transform XML Schema groups (xsd:choice, xsd:all, xsd:sequence) into attributes with name "group". These are then reflected in the properties view as text inputs with an accompanying button "Group". It breaks properties views from there onwards down the tree, child elements are completely ineditable!

Is this behavior happening on purpose? And if so, why?

Thanks in advance for any hint you can give me, I really want to keep using EEF since it's a very promising framework!

Max
Re: [EEF] Property view with groups broken [message #872628 is a reply to message #870427] Wed, 16 May 2012 13:42 Go to previous message
Stephane Bouchet is currently offline Stephane BouchetFriend
hi,

EEF provides a model to mapp emf attributes views SWT representations.
It seems the initial creation of EEF models are trying to map some XSD
attributes to a text representation and it should be a tableComposition
or a tableReference.

Can you open a bugzilla request and provide a simple example ( EMF model
) to be able to reproduce ?

You can also modify the representation widget used by the
PropertiesEditionComponent named "Group" to another widget ( again,
tablecompostion or tablereferecne according to your emf metamodel)

hopes it will help,

Le 08/05/2012 09:04, Max Richter a écrit :
> Maybe I can specify the issues I'm encountering now that I investigated
> a bit more:
>
> In some cases EEF (not EMF, everything is fine there) seems to transform
> XML Schema groups (xsd:choice, xsd:all, xsd:sequence) into attributes
> with name "group". These are then reflected in the properties view as
> text inputs with an accompanying button "Group". It breaks properties
> views from there onwards down the tree, child elements are completely
> ineditable!
>
> Is this behavior happening on purpose? And if so, why?
>
> Thanks in advance for any hint you can give me, I really want to keep
> using EEF since it's a very promising framework!
>
> Max

--
Cheers,

Stéphane Bouchet, OBEO
Previous Topic:Re: Texo: how to declare one-to-many relations for different parent types?
Next Topic:Problem with connector of Tree Routing type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:05:09 GMT 2024