Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Visual Editor (VE) » I've got this shell app floating around...
I've got this shell app floating around... [message #113157] Wed, 14 December 2005 02:07 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: me2.nowhere.com

I've got ve working and I've created an app that I can run. I'm using
SWT, so Java beans run in a shell.

There is a shell called Shell that changes when I make changes to my
project, but it doesn't run and and I can't get rid of it. Is this by
design ? Kinda weird...

Is there a way to get rid of it ? Maybe I've used VB and C++ Builder too
much.
Re: I've got this shell app floating around... [message #113184 is a reply to message #113157] Wed, 14 December 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff Myers is currently offline Jeff Myers
Messages: 489
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
That is the live window that is used to dynamically create your visual
class, the image of which is presented in the editor page. This is
supposed to be positioned off screen, but depending on your platform
your window manager may not allowed positioning windows offscreen.

- Jeff

me2 wrote:
> I've got ve working and I've created an app that I can run. I'm using
> SWT, so Java beans run in a shell.
>
> There is a shell called Shell that changes when I make changes to my
> project, but it doesn't run and and I can't get rid of it. Is this by
> design ? Kinda weird...
>
> Is there a way to get rid of it ? Maybe I've used VB and C++ Builder too
> much.
Re: I've got this shell app floating around... [message #113212 is a reply to message #113184] Wed, 14 December 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: me2.nowhere.com

Is there a way to get rid of this ?
Re: I've got this shell app floating around... [message #113236 is a reply to message #113212] Wed, 14 December 2005 16:02 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

No. It is required. It is where we build up your code so that we can
screen-scrape it to display to you in the editor.

me2 wrote:
> Is there a way to get rid of this ?

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: I've got this shell app floating around... [message #611545 is a reply to message #113157] Wed, 14 December 2005 08:58 Go to previous message
Jeff Myers is currently offline Jeff Myers
Messages: 489
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
That is the live window that is used to dynamically create your visual
class, the image of which is presented in the editor page. This is
supposed to be positioned off screen, but depending on your platform
your window manager may not allowed positioning windows offscreen.

- Jeff

me2 wrote:
> I've got ve working and I've created an app that I can run. I'm using
> SWT, so Java beans run in a shell.
>
> There is a shell called Shell that changes when I make changes to my
> project, but it doesn't run and and I can't get rid of it. Is this by
> design ? Kinda weird...
>
> Is there a way to get rid of it ? Maybe I've used VB and C++ Builder too
> much.
Re: I've got this shell app floating around... [message #611547 is a reply to message #113184] Wed, 14 December 2005 10:30 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: me2.nowhere.com

Is there a way to get rid of this ?
Re: I've got this shell app floating around... [message #611549 is a reply to message #113212] Wed, 14 December 2005 16:02 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

No. It is required. It is where we build up your code so that we can
screen-scrape it to display to you in the editor.

me2 wrote:
> Is there a way to get rid of this ?

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Previous Topic:VE and JSP
Next Topic:Package Scope
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Aug 21 08:15:51 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01654 seconds