Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » LINKING(how to link between 2 gadgets with designer pro from diff data sets)
LINKING [message #858651] Fri, 27 April 2012 08:29 Go to next message
chandrakant pandey is currently offline chandrakant pandeyFriend
1) New to birt dont able to do linking between different charts or gadgets drawn from difeerent data sets or cubes in birt designer pro or i server both.
Please let me know how to link so that wen clicking on one thing all the graphs related to that will get refreshed .

2)Give me all the possible ways if anybdy can.I am stuck on this.
Re: LINKING [message #859949 is a reply to message #858651] Fri, 27 April 2012 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

What version of iServer are you using?

Jason

On 4/27/2012 4:29 AM, chandrakant pandey wrote:
> 1) New to birt dont able to do linking between different charts or
> gadgets drawn from difeerent data sets or cubes in birt designer pro or
> i server both.
> Please let me know how to link so that wen clicking on one thing all the
> graphs related to that will get refreshed .
>
> 2)Give me all the possible ways if anybdy can.I am stuck on this.
Re: LINKING [message #869580 is a reply to message #858651] Thu, 03 May 2012 16:21 Go to previous message
Steve Tilden is currently offline Steve TildenFriend
Essentially, BIRT 360 (the iServer dashboard product) is 100% Google gadget compliant. You can link gadgets from different data sets or data objects in an iServer dashboard by using the Google Gadget Framework publication/subscription feature.

The functionality allows one gadget to 'publish' information to a channel and then any 'subscribed' gadget to that channel will call a callback method in the subscriber when the 'publish' occurs, passing the information to the callback. In the callback you can decide what to do with the information, for example run a report using the information as the parameter values, or filter a chart.

Most of the time this means that you have to create a Google Gadget wrapper to house your code (really just an XML representation of the gadget). Then, when creating a new gadget in 360, go to extras->import and import the gadget. The XML gadget file needs to be on a web resource that is available to the Information Console machine.

I've attached two XML files. One publishes, and one subscribes. The subscriber gadget actually uses Actuate JSAPI to drop in BIRT content, and then also uses JSAPI to filter a table in the report that is being displayed in the gadget using the value that was published.
Re: LINKING [message #869581 is a reply to message #858651] Thu, 03 May 2012 16:24 Go to previous message
Steve Tilden is currently offline Steve TildenFriend
Essentially, BIRT 360 (the iServer dashboard product) is 100% Google gadget compliant. You can link gadgets from different data sets or data objects in an iServer dashboard by using the Google Gadget Framework publication/subscription feature.

The functionality allows one gadget to 'publish' information to a channel and then any 'subscribed' gadget to that channel will call a callback method in the subscriber when the 'publish' occurs, passing the information to the callback. In the callback you can decide what to do with the information, for example run a report using the information as the parameter values, or filter a chart.

Most of the time this means that you have to create a Google Gadget wrapper to house your code (really just an XML representation of the gadget). Then, when creating a new gadget in 360, go to extras->import and import the gadget. The XML gadget file needs to be on a web resource that is available to the Information Console machine.

I've attached two XML files. One publishes, and one subscribes. The subscriber gadget actually uses Actuate JSAPI to drop in BIRT content, and then also uses JSAPI to filter a table in the report that is being displayed in the gadget using the value that was published.
Previous Topic:colapse and expand values on +,- click(tree table) on cross tabs
Next Topic:bar chart with literal array for Category (x) series?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:42:45 GMT 2024