Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » RAP 1.4.2 TextCellEditor trouble on Firefox 12
RAP 1.4.2 TextCellEditor trouble on Firefox 12 [message #857365] Thu, 26 April 2012 13:27 Go to next message
Oliver Probst is currently offline Oliver Probst
Messages: 4
Registered: April 2011
Junior Member
Hi,

I've experienced some troubles with the RAP 1.4.2 TextCellEditors on
Firefox 12:

When selecting the cell, it is not possible to insert text any more. The
org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TextCellEditor#text.keyListener
is called, but
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text#setText(String)
will never be reached.
Adding content by copy/paste is possible.

On Firefox 11, this problem didn't occur.
Is this a Firefox bug? A problem of RAP? Some implementation detail I
missed?

Regards, Oliver
Re: RAP 1.4.2 TextCellEditor trouble on Firefox 12 [message #857482 is a reply to message #857365] Thu, 26 April 2012 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan Furnadjiev
Messages: 1816
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Oliver,
just did a quick check (Controls Demo) with RAP from CVS HEAD (1.5M6)
and TextCellEditor is working as expected in Firefox 12. Unfortunately,
I can reproduce the problem with 1.4.2 and Firefox 12. When a key
listener is attached on the server-side, in RAP 1.4.2 we cancel the DOM
event and afterwards generate it programmatically again if doit flag is
set to true (see AsyncKeyEventUtil.js). Probably, this programmatically
generated key event on the client does not work anymore in Firefox 12.
As we drop the support for key event doit flag in RAP 1.5:
367871: Remove support for doit=false for KeyEvents
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=367871
it is working there without a problem.
These are my thoughts without doing a deep investigation.
Best,
Ivan

On 4/26/2012 4:27 PM, Oliver Probst wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've experienced some troubles with the RAP 1.4.2 TextCellEditors on
> Firefox 12:
>
> When selecting the cell, it is not possible to insert text any more. The
> org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TextCellEditor#text.keyListener
> is called, but
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text#setText(String)
> will never be reached.
> Adding content by copy/paste is possible.
>
> On Firefox 11, this problem didn't occur.
> Is this a Firefox bug? A problem of RAP? Some implementation detail I
> missed?
>
> Regards, Oliver
>

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: RAP 1.4.2 TextCellEditor trouble on Firefox 12 [message #857521 is a reply to message #857482] Thu, 26 April 2012 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan Furnadjiev
Messages: 1816
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Maybe this is the answer of the question:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Using_the_Editor_from_XUL#Editor_event_handling
"Starting in Gecko 12.0 (Firefox 12.0 / Thunderbird 12.0) , the editor
refuses any events sent by unprivileged content."

On 4/26/2012 6:16 PM, Ivan Furnadjiev wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
> just did a quick check (Controls Demo) with RAP from CVS HEAD (1.5M6)
> and TextCellEditor is working as expected in Firefox 12.
> Unfortunately, I can reproduce the problem with 1.4.2 and Firefox 12.
> When a key listener is attached on the server-side, in RAP 1.4.2 we
> cancel the DOM event and afterwards generate it programmatically again
> if doit flag is set to true (see AsyncKeyEventUtil.js). Probably, this
> programmatically generated key event on the client does not work
> anymore in Firefox 12. As we drop the support for key event doit flag
> in RAP 1.5:
> 367871: Remove support for doit=false for KeyEvents
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=367871
> it is working there without a problem.
> These are my thoughts without doing a deep investigation.
> Best,
> Ivan
>
> On 4/26/2012 4:27 PM, Oliver Probst wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've experienced some troubles with the RAP 1.4.2 TextCellEditors on
>> Firefox 12:
>>
>> When selecting the cell, it is not possible to insert text any more. The
>> org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TextCellEditor#text.keyListener
>> is called, but
>> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text#setText(String)
>> will never be reached.
>> Adding content by copy/paste is possible.
>>
>> On Firefox 11, this problem didn't occur.
>> Is this a Firefox bug? A problem of RAP? Some implementation detail I
>> missed?
>>
>> Regards, Oliver
>>
>

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: RAP 1.4.2 TextCellEditor trouble on Firefox 12 [message #868536 is a reply to message #857521] Wed, 02 May 2012 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sabine Neubauer is currently offline Sabine Neubauer
Messages: 15
Registered: June 2011
Junior Member
Hi,

we have the same problem in our application which is based on RAP 1.4.1. It is impossible to type text if a cell editor is used. The same problem exists for text fields with autocompletion (ContentProposalAdapter). Pasting text from the clipboard works fine in both cases.

Is there any solution for RAP 1.4 or do we need to use RAP 1.5 in order to solve the problem?

Kind regards
Sabine
Re: RAP 1.4.2 TextCellEditor trouble on Firefox 12 [message #868540 is a reply to message #868536] Wed, 02 May 2012 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan Furnadjiev
Messages: 1816
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Sabine,
unfortunately there is no a workaround. As it is working in RAP 1.5 and
there is no more service releases planned for the 1.4 branch I doubt
that we will fix it (if possible at all) there.
Best,
Ivan

On 5/2/2012 10:11 AM, Sabine Neubauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have the same problem in our application which is based on RAP
> 1.4.1. It is impossible to type text if a cell editor is used. The
> same problem exists for text fields with autocompletion
> (ContentProposalAdapter). Pasting text from the clipboard works fine
> in both cases.
>
> Is there any solution for RAP 1.4 or do we need to use RAP 1.5 in
> order to solve the problem?
>
> Kind regards
> Sabine

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: RAP 1.4.2 TextCellEditor trouble on Firefox 12 [message #868605 is a reply to message #868536] Wed, 02 May 2012 09:29 Go to previous message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan Furnadjiev
Messages: 1816
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
BTW... here is a bug where the discussion continue:
378209: Unable to type in a text field if key listener is attached -
Firefox 12 + RAP 1.4 only
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=378209

On 5/2/2012 10:11 AM, Sabine Neubauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have the same problem in our application which is based on RAP
> 1.4.1. It is impossible to type text if a cell editor is used. The
> same problem exists for text fields with autocompletion
> (ContentProposalAdapter). Pasting text from the clipboard works fine
> in both cases.
>
> Is there any solution for RAP 1.4 or do we need to use RAP 1.5 in
> order to solve the problem?
>
> Kind regards
> Sabine

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Previous Topic:Changing the global font
Next Topic:Problem with EclipseLink in Tomcat 7 (with RAP bridge)
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Sep 21 16:08:35 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02971 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software