Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » JSP MoDisco discoverer with JSP files from Struts Project
JSP MoDisco discoverer with JSP files from Struts Project [message #857259] Thu, 26 April 2012 11:52 Go to next message
Victor Pavon is currently offline Victor PavonFriend
Hello,

I'm working with JSP Modisco Discover, with JSP files that use Struts taglib. In the output model the use of tag is represented as element of type JSPAction, but I'd like that this tag was represented as element of JSPAction subclass like JSP tag is represented like JSPStdAction. I think in two different alternatives. The first one modifies the JSP discoverer and the second one use ATL transformations from JSP MoDiscoMetamodel to a new JSPStruts Metamodel.

I'd like to know which solution you think is better.

Thank you.

Víctor Pavón,
Research at Quercus Software Engineering Group
University of Extremadura, Spain.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 April 2012 11:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JSP MoDisco discoverer with JSP files from Struts Project [message #858702 is a reply to message #857259] Fri, 27 April 2012 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fabien Giquel is currently offline Fabien GiquelFriend
Hi,

i agree with the second alternative : define some JSPStruts metamodel, which would extend the JSP metamodel, and then define some transformation from JSP metamodel to JSPStruts metamodel, eg with ATL.

This alternative is modular and your new tooling will be opened to take in account some new JSP discoverer release.

best regards,
Fabien.

----------------------------------------------------
Fabien GIQUEL
R&D Engineer
Mia-Software
rue Nina Simone
44000 NANTES
----------------------------------------------------
Re: JSP MoDisco discoverer with JSP files from Struts Project [message #859324 is a reply to message #858702] Fri, 27 April 2012 15:21 Go to previous message
Victor Pavon is currently offline Victor PavonFriend
Hi,

Thank Fabien for your answer. I propose the first solution, because in the project where I'm working before analyze JSP files of struts project we worked with the struts-config file. First we represent this file using the MoDisco XML Metamodel and then we transform this using ATL rules to our Struts metamodel, but sometimes the transformation was complex and difficult to understand. To solve this problem we decided to develop a new discoverer like MoDisco WebApp discover. Now we had more less the same problem and we have to decide between what I said in the previous post: create a new discover or use model transformation. I think that you are right and is better uses transformations than create a new discoverer, because the maintenance of the transformation look less difficult than the discoverer maintenance.

Best regards,
Víctor.

Víctor Pavón,
Research at Quercus Software Engineering Group
University of Extremadura, Spain.
Previous Topic:EMF api - constructing XMI from XMI
Next Topic:Prohibited package name: java
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:32:53 GMT 2024