Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Problem with WAR File Export (lastmodified)(WAR File Export produces files with timestamp in future)
Problem with WAR File Export (lastmodified) [message #855368] Tue, 24 April 2012 19:07 Go to next message
Martin Grüneberg is currently offline Martin GrünebergFriend
Hello I tried to google my problem but did not find anything helpfull.
Here is my problem:
I use the current "Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers" edition of eclipse.
When I run my JSF application directly in eclipse everything works. If I export the project as a WAR file over the menu in eclipse and put this in a tomcat on my server the application behaves weired (partly not works). It took me two hours to find out that the files in the generated WAR files have a lastmodified which is in the future. In result tomcat always tries to reload the files....
It seem that it has something todo with timezones because it is 1 hour offset. But it seems that only the WAR file export is effected the files in the project have the right lastmodified...

Is there a special setting where I can stop this behaviour?

Thanks in advance
Martin Grüneberg
Re: Problem with WAR File Export (lastmodified) [message #855894 is a reply to message #855368] Wed, 25 April 2012 07:32 Go to previous message
Martin Grüneberg is currently offline Martin GrünebergFriend
Found a workaround (no solution!): I disabled facelets recompilation. Now the generated WAR works again on my tomcat instance. It seems that it ignores the files with lastmodified in future now.
Still interested in an advice to fix the behaviour of the export-->WAR function.

Thanks in advance
Martin Grüneberg
Previous Topic:Trying to grok Java Build Path v.s. Project References v.s. Deployment Assembly
Next Topic:XML Catalog how
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 19 09:33:39 GMT 2014