Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Problem with WAR File Export (lastmodified)(WAR File Export produces files with timestamp in future)
Problem with WAR File Export (lastmodified) [message #855368] Tue, 24 April 2012 19:07 Go to next message
Martin Grüneberg is currently offline Martin GrünebergFriend
Hello I tried to google my problem but did not find anything helpfull.
Here is my problem:
I use the current "Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers" edition of eclipse.
When I run my JSF application directly in eclipse everything works. If I export the project as a WAR file over the menu in eclipse and put this in a tomcat on my server the application behaves weired (partly not works). It took me two hours to find out that the files in the generated WAR files have a lastmodified which is in the future. In result tomcat always tries to reload the files....
It seem that it has something todo with timezones because it is 1 hour offset. But it seems that only the WAR file export is effected the files in the project have the right lastmodified...

Is there a special setting where I can stop this behaviour?

Thanks in advance
Martin Grüneberg
Re: Problem with WAR File Export (lastmodified) [message #855894 is a reply to message #855368] Wed, 25 April 2012 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Grüneberg is currently offline Martin GrünebergFriend
Found a workaround (no solution!): I disabled facelets recompilation. Now the generated WAR works again on my tomcat instance. It seems that it ignores the files with lastmodified in future now.
Still interested in an advice to fix the behaviour of the export-->WAR function.

Thanks in advance
Martin Grüneberg
Re: Problem with WAR File Export (lastmodified) [message #1740161 is a reply to message #855894] Tue, 09 August 2016 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Roubekas is currently offline Paul RoubekasFriend
Windows 7
Tomcat 7
Neon 4.6 (Eclipse for RCP and RAP Developers package )
git 4.4
I am having a very similar issue. All my .class files in the WAR are a random number of minutes into the future. Sometimes three minutes sometimes 35 minutes.

Unchecking "Optimize for a specific server runtime" when the option is Apache Tomcat v7.0 TomEE does not seems to make a difference.

Oxygen 3a
Windows 10

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2016 22:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with WAR File Export (lastmodified) [message #1744705 is a reply to message #1740161] Thu, 29 September 2016 14:54 Go to previous message
Luke Mashin is currently offline Luke MashinFriend
Paul Roubekas wrote on Tue, 09 August 2016 22:13

I am having a very similar issue. All my .class files in the WAR are a random number of minutes into the future. Sometimes three minutes sometimes 35 minutes.

i have the same issue with Windows 7 and Eclipse Juno
Last modified data files (.java , .html ....) are always in the future (in the hour or minutes part)

@Paul Roubekas
Did you solve somehow ?

[Updated on: Thu, 29 September 2016 15:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:No Tomcat Server Adapter for Helios? Really?
Next Topic:Removing obsolete files from the server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:22:44 GMT 2024