Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Papyrus curious ATL behavior(How come my ATL transformation does not update my model)
Papyrus curious ATL behavior [message #850137] Thu, 19 April 2012 20:02 Go to next message
Alain Lavoie is currently offline Alain Lavoie
Hi,

Platform (eclipse MDT + Papyrus + ATL);
Going through basic examples, I copy/paste ATL public2private.atl to
my basic model. Running it, does not seems to work, but when I
restart eclipse, the modification seems to proceeded (for the public =­­> private).
I do not see the new getter/setter appear in the diagram, however, the model
explorer shows that the get/set have been created in the class.

Q1 - Can I step in (debug) in an ATL transformation (seems to work in older version) ?
Q2 - What are the best techniques to debug and develop an ATL script ?
Q3 - How can I configure eclipse to automatically display all elements in a diagram ?

Thanks in advance, regards.

Merci.
Re: Papyrus curious ATL behavior [message #850290 is a reply to message #850137] Thu, 19 April 2012 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Q1 - I must precise that I already experimented with the ATL Debug perspective, but for a reason I do not know (from all versions of Papyrus MDT I tried), I cannot view the real value of any variables in the ATL script. The Variable View (x)= does only present Generic values or undefined element, like for instance:

self: transform1:ASMModule
rule1:
Type: Operation
metamodel: UML

and there is no presence of the variables in the rules (like rule1).

Thanks in advance.
Re: Papyrus curious ATL behavior [message #850633 is a reply to message #850290] Fri, 20 April 2012 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille Letavernier
Hello Alain,

Quote:
I do not see the new getter/setter appear in the diagram, however, the model
explorer shows that the get/set have been created in the class.

I guess the ATL transformation only works on the *.uml models (Semantic contents), which is not fully synchronized with the diagram (*.notation models). In Papyrus, all elements don't need to be represented graphically, so they are not automatically displayed in diagrams when they are created in the semantic model.

Quote:
Q3 - How can I configure eclipse to automatically display all elements in a diagram ?

Currently, it is not possible in Papyrus. You could enrich the ATL transformation so that it can work on both the uml model and the notation one. This is not an easy solution, though.

Quote:
Going through basic examples, I copy/paste ATL public2private.atl to
my basic model. Running it, does not seems to work, but when I
restart eclipse, the modification seems to proceeded (for the public =­­> private).

You should probably refresh your workspace after running an ATL transformation. This is not always done automatically.

For your other questions, they are related to ATL much more than Papyrus, so you may try the Model-to-Model transformations forum.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Papyrus developer
Re: Papyrus curious ATL behavior [message #850983 is a reply to message #850633] Fri, 20 April 2012 14:26 Go to previous message
Thanks (Merci) Camille.
Previous Topic:association class
Next Topic:Cannot resize the Activity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Oct 21 08:56:38 GMT 2014