Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » how does eclipse debug java codes? it uses which jar classes, thx a lot(eclipse)
how does eclipse debug java codes? it uses which jar classes, thx a lot [message #849918] Thu, 19 April 2012 15:21 Go to next message
victor qin is currently offline victor qinFriend
I want to build a debugger which can load java files and debugs them, how can i use the classes of eclipse for my debugger? thx a lot
Re: how does eclipse debug java codes? it uses which jar classes, thx a lot [message #850015 is a reply to message #849918] Thu, 19 April 2012 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
victor qin wrote on Thu, 19 April 2012 17:21
I want to build a debugger which can load java files and debugs them, how can i use the classes of eclipse for my debugger? thx a lot

That sounds like a rather broad question to answer.

You may want to add some details to increase the chance of getting the kind of answer you need, like:
- is the debugger supposed to be an Eclipse Plug-in or run outside Eclipse?
- in which regards shall your debugger be different from the Eclipse debugger?
- what is your expertise regarding implementing a debugger?

best,
Stephan
Re: how does eclipse debug java codes? it uses which jar classes, thx a lot [message #850053 is a reply to message #850015] Thu, 19 April 2012 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan,

thx for ur remind, I want to build a debugger outside eclipse. And I want to know eclipse uses which classes to communicate with jvm? Then I will use them to my debugger. Thx

victor
Re: how does eclipse debug java codes? it uses which jar classes, thx a lot [message #850119 is a reply to message #850053] Thu, 19 April 2012 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
victor qin wrote on Thu, 19 April 2012 20:10
thx for ur remind, I want to build a debugger outside eclipse. And I want to know eclipse uses which classes to communicate with jvm? Then I will use them to my debugger. Thx

victor

In that case I recommend:
- check out plug-in org.eclipse.jdt.debug
- look at package org.eclipse.jdi with its sub-packages for low-level connection via JDWP
More abstract interfaces are available in package org.eclipse.jdt.debug.core with internal implementations in org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.core.model

HTH,
Stephan
Re: how does eclipse debug java codes? it uses which jar classes, thx a lot [message #850973 is a reply to message #849918] Fri, 20 April 2012 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Rennie is currently offline Michael RennieFriend
Stephan is right, all of the packages / projects he mentions should give you a good idea of how the JDT debugger works. If you are looking for more information on the JDI spec that the JDT debugger uses, have a look at the following:

- http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/core/toolsapis/jpda/
- http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/jpda/
- http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/jpda/jdwp-spec.html
- http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/jpda/jdwpTransport.html

Also we have some additional info on the debug website about how the JDT debugger works:

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/debug/documents.php
Re: how does eclipse debug java codes? it uses which jar classes, thx a lot [message #851552 is a reply to message #850973] Sat, 21 April 2012 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thx a lot,Michael
Re: how does eclipse debug java codes? it uses which jar classes, thx a lot [message #851553 is a reply to message #850119] Sat, 21 April 2012 04:02 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann wrote on Thu, 19 April 2012 15:38
victor qin wrote on Thu, 19 April 2012 20:10

victor

In that case I recommend:
- check out plug-in org.eclipse.jdt.debug
- look at package org.eclipse.jdi with its sub-packages for low-level connection via JDWP
More abstract interfaces are available in package org.eclipse.jdt.debug.core with internal implementations in org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.core.model

HTH,
Stephan

thx a lot, Stephan
Previous Topic:IWorkbenchWindow at ApplyRefactoringScriptAction
Next Topic:Eclipse preferences problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:34:28 GMT 2024