Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Using BIRT with jsf4birt.jar on tomcat server/websphere(Render report generated by BIRT on jsp page.)
Using BIRT with jsf4birt.jar on tomcat server/websphere [message #849720] Thu, 19 April 2012 11:50
Debarshi Dasgupta is currently offline Debarshi DasguptaFriend
Hello All,

For few days I am working on BIRT and jsf4birt. I have followed the below mentioned steps to display charts generated by BIRT on jsp page using "birt:birtWrapper" tag.

1. Copied all the JARs from Report Engine to my project/WEB-INF/lib directory.

2. Copied the birt-runtime/Report Engine/plugins and birt-runtime/ReportEngine/configuration directories to the platform directory.

Added the required config parameters to web.xml

Used as :

<birt:birtWrapper id="t" reportDesign="/reports/new_report.rptdesign" rendered="true">
<f:param name="country" value="USA"></f:param>
</birt:birtWrapper>

Report name : new_report.rptdesign

When I start the server I get the below exception :

SEVERE: JSF1054: (Phase ID: RENDER_RESPONSE 6, View ID: /workpages/pageb.jsp) Exception thrown during phase execution: javax.faces.event.PhaseEvent[source=com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl@1f528ab]
Apr 18, 2012 8:04:16 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine$EngineExtensionManager.<init>(ReportEngine.java:819)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.<init>(ReportEngine.java:111)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineFactory$1.run(ReportEngineFactory.java:18)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineFactory$1.run(ReportEngineFactory.java:1)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineFactory.createReportEngine(ReportEngineFactory.java:14)
at com.exadel.jsfbirt.engine.BirtEngine.getBirtEngine(BirtEngine.java:80)

Platform details :

JSF Version : 1.2
Java Compiler : 1.5
Tomcat Version : 6
IDE : Eclipse Indigo/RSA

Please help as I have checked all the links but I get the above mentioned error.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 April 2012 12:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:One meter chart with multiple datasets
Next Topic:Birt and JSF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:04:57 GMT 2024