Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » I'm trying to make a Template for a Fragment Project
I'm trying to make a Template for a Fragment Project [message #849602] Thu, 19 April 2012 09:38
Peter Pratchet is currently offline Peter PratchetFriend
Hi,
I hope this is the right place for my question.

As the title says I want to create create a Template for a Fragment Project with some modifications on the Manifest.MF and optionally adding some new Java files. And of course setting the host Plug-in.

I have different approaches in my mind.

1. I created a Fragment Project with "org.eclipse.pde.ui" as Fragment-Host. Then with some abuse of the existing WizardPages the work was done, but of course it's not working on different Eclipse versions(I know its a bad way thats why I'm looking for an alternative)

2. I started to use org.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.NewJavaProjectWizardPageOne/Two but it looks to me that I would have to do all the work by my own to modify the project in a way I don't know to make it an Plug-in.

3. I have read the IBM tutorial "Building templates with the Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment" and already used this approach on other occasions. As this will create a Plug-in Project a would have to make some modification after the creation process. So this also doesn't seems to be the right way.

Any suggestions on how this is done right are appreciated.
Previous Topic:Subcategories in an update site category?
Next Topic:Enabling Toolbar Button when any editor is open
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Nov 26 23:37:50 GMT 2014