Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] and GMF
[ATL] and GMF [message #848508] Wed, 18 April 2012 09:43 Go to next message
st oehm is currently offline st oehmFriend
Greetings,

I'm not 100% sure that this problem is ATL specific, maybe it would fit better the GMF subforums, but I'll ask the question anyway Wink

I have a UML Class Diagram Editor based on GMF and I'm using ATL refining mode for refactoring operations on it.
The operations are invoked programmatically via context menu implementing the interface 'IObjectActionDelegate'.

Most operations work just fine, but for one, I would need access to the model elements of the Diagram Editor AFTER the transformation.
I already tried to refresh my GraphicalEditPart (which holds the selected element) and retrieve the Diagram elements after the transformation. But, when I take a look at the elements in the debugger, nothing has changed.

It seems like the UML model, which is refined by ATL and the foundation of the Class Diagram, is updated after the action of the context menu is finished only.
I would need the updated UML model in the action of the context menu to add further changes per Java so that my refactoring operation is working rightfully.

Does anyone have an idea how to achieve this?

Best regards,
stoehm
Re: [ATL] and GMF [message #849503 is a reply to message #848508] Thu, 19 April 2012 07:50 Go to previous message
st oehm is currently offline st oehmFriend
As I see, this thread has a lot of hits but unfortunately no answers yet. If anything is unclear or more detailed information is required, please let me know.

Best regards,
stoehm
Previous Topic:QVTO Transformation in a Eclipse Plugin
Next Topic:[Solved][ATL] Inconsistencies between normal and programmatic execution mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:38:57 GMT 2024