Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Canvas draw problems in Windows 7 with SWT 3555(Canvas draw problems in Windows 7 with SWT 3555)
Canvas draw problems in Windows 7 with SWT 3555 [message #844463] Sat, 14 April 2012 02:31
Rajesh K is currently offline Rajesh KFriend
We have been using SWT version 3555 for several years with good results on Windows XP. Recently we started testing our application on Windows 7 professional, 64 bit OS on HP machine while still using 32 bit Oracle JDK version 1.6. HP machine is an i-core 5 with 4g RAM.
The problem is, if I navigate from one image to another using mouse wheel ( forward/backward) the image displayed is completely black.
We capture mouse scroll event, invoke our custom draw method, this results in image which is completely black. If I re-size the window, image displays (re-draws) correctly as expected. It uses the same draw method.
Needless to say we do not have this problem on Windows XP.
I have tried using the latest stable SWT, but this problem persists.

And to make the matters worse, not all similar hardware machine exhibit the problem.
So out of about 20 similar machines, the problem is on about 10. If I step through the debugger, I cannot re-produce the problem, image(s) are correctly displayed while scrolling.

At this point I am lost on how to debug or where to look.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rajesh.
Previous Topic:Strange look of dashed line with width bigger than 0
Next Topic:SWT performance on drawing text (compare with Swing, sample code provided)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:09:38 GMT 2024