Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » TCL Remote Debugging Issue - Not able to step-into a proc(the debugger does not allow to step-into a proc in a TCL script.)
TCL Remote Debugging Issue - Not able to step-into a proc [message #843527] Fri, 13 April 2012 05:45 Go to next message
Nitesh Sinha is currently offline Nitesh SinhaFriend
I am using Komodo TCL Remote Debugger ver 7.0.2 for Windows with DLTK plugin for debugging TCL scripts.

I am not able to step-into a calling procedure , whether it is in the same TCL script or another. Though the proc is executed and the result is seen in the console window.

I am running the following example:

In a file one.tcl
#!/bin/sh
# one.tcl \
exec tclsh "$0" ${1+"$@"}

package ifneeded two 1.0 [list source "c:\\Users\\nitesh.sinha\\workspace\\temp\\two.tcl"]
package require two

puts "Starting"
two::testDebugStepInto
puts "Done"

in another file two.tcl
#!/bin/sh
# two.tcl \
exec tclsh "$0" ${1+"$@"}
package provide two 1.0
namespace eval two {
  namespace export testDebugStepInto
}

proc two::testDebugStepInto { } {
	puts "Line 1"
	puts "Line 2"
}

On debugging the file one.tcl, the following output is seen
Quote:

Starting
Line 1
Line 2
Done

Which means, that the proc is getting called and executed, but i am not able to step-into the proc definition.

If this a bug? or am i missing something?

Snapshot is attached.
  • Attachment: snap.JPG
    (Size: 65.27KB, Downloaded 389 times)
Re: TCL Remote Debugging Issue - Not able to step-into a proc [message #846578 is a reply to message #843527] Mon, 16 April 2012 07:28 Go to previous message
Nitesh Sinha is currently offline Nitesh SinhaFriend
The issue is resolved.

In my actual code, there were instances where Eclipse was able to resolve location to some certain files , so i was modifying the code, and the error were removed.

It turned out that, TCL interpreter has its own method of calling TCL files , so no need to to resolve the location errors, If the scripts are able to run in tchsh command shell, they'll run in eclipse as well.

Just leave the errors, if any , as it is . Go ahead with compiling and debugging.
Previous Topic:Can't figure out how to use rvm with Eclipse and DLTK
Next Topic:Noob: run/rspec mismatch?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:25:52 GMT 2024