Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Class files in exported EJB jar file
Class files in exported EJB jar file [message #841545] Wed, 11 April 2012 08:56 Go to next message
Karl Gunner is currently offline Karl Gunner
Hi Folks,
I've got a project that I export to an EJB jar file with eclipse. If I decompress the resulting jar file and compare the class files in the ejb file with those I created with ant, I found that all files are different.

If I compare them with a hex editor, I can't identify any pattern in the differences. The file size is different too, about 5% larger when exported. I already tried different settings, e.g. compile with/without optimization/debug information.

So, what happens here? Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.
Best regards.
Karl
Re: Class files in exported EJB jar file [message #841570 is a reply to message #841545] Wed, 11 April 2012 09:34 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David Wegener
You are likely using a different compiler when you export the jar than the compiler used in the ant script. Eclipse has its own compiler that would be used when exporting the jar file. Unless your ant script is calling the Eclipse internal compiler, you are likely using an Oracle compiler. Different compilers will produce different byte code.
Previous Topic:DOS Window upon Eclipse Launch
Next Topic:Java Formatter help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 30 18:43:31 EDT 2014