Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » How do I enable autocomplete for a SWT Browser component
How do I enable autocomplete for a SWT Browser component [message #841488] Wed, 11 April 2012 11:32 Go to next message
Mark Fishman is currently offline Mark FishmanFriend
I have an application which uses the SWT Browser widget to render some html forms. The Browser widget is backed by the 3.6.24 version of XULRunner. What I was wondering is, is there any way to enable the autocomplete/form-fill capability like I would have if I was rendering this page directly through firefox (i.e. as a person starts typing in a field have that field show a pulldown with the historical values that user has typed)?

Thanks.

-- Mark
Re: How do I enable autocomplete for a SWT Browser component [message #842227 is a reply to message #841488] Thu, 12 April 2012 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ludwig Moser is currently offline Ludwig MoserFriend
afaik there is no url line in the browser component, so i guess you have to write your own.
there are existing autocomplete available for Combo and Textfield.
iff you need one for CCombo you need to write your own, thats what i did.
Re: How do I enable autocomplete for a SWT Browser component [message #842490 is a reply to message #842227] Thu, 12 April 2012 10:46 Go to previous message
Mark Fishman is currently offline Mark FishmanFriend
Hi Ludwig,

Thanks for the response but, if I understand you, I am not sure that you got what I was asking. In this case, I have a standard html form being rendered by a org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser widget. The input fields in this form, i.e. the ones generated with <input type="text" ... tags, are what I want to enable autocomplete for. I want, if you bring up the form again and start typing, it will remember what you previously typed. What complicates things is that I don't control this particular html form, I am just rendering it.

Thanks again.

-- Mark
Previous Topic:sigsegv linux-gtk with e4.2M6
Next Topic:Embedding QT widgets in SWT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:19:49 GMT 2024