Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Include Discovery(Adding include discovery to custom toolchain.)
icon5.gif  Include Discovery [message #840123] Mon, 09 April 2012 17:39 Go to next message
Alan Missing name is currently offline Alan Missing nameFriend
Hi,

I have a custom toolchain that I have integrated with Eclipse CDT and everything is working fine as far as compilation goes.

However, standard includes such as stdio.h are highlighted as missing in the code editor (they are underlined to indicate this). This is only a display issue, since compilation works.

It seems that Eclipse already knows about standard MinGW locations because when MinGW is installed to C:\MinGW the includes are picked up from there. Any ideas about how I tell Eclipse about the location where my custom toolchain is located?

Thanks,
Alan
Re: Include Discovery [message #840618 is a reply to message #840123] Tue, 10 April 2012 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
The Scanner discovery (see Project Properties->C/C++ Build->Discovery options) uses gcc with some special command line options (-E -P -v -d) to get the path to the system headers.
Here are some info
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/70495/

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Include Discovery [message #841582 is a reply to message #840618] Wed, 11 April 2012 13:51 Go to previous message
Alan Missing name is currently offline Alan Missing nameFriend
Hi Axel,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. That information was useful and I am starting to understand it.

Alan
Previous Topic:Problem with debugging
Next Topic:Synchronized Project Settings problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:30:36 GMT 2024