Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster » How to debug Buckminster build?
How to debug Buckminster build? [message #838084] Fri, 06 April 2012 14:42 Go to next message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Messages: 391
Registered: November 2009
Senior Member
Trying to find out why buckminster.download.source=false does not work for me, I want to debug the build. Are there instructions on how to do this?

[Updated on: Fri, 06 April 2012 15:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to debug Buckminster build? [message #838131 is a reply to message #838084] Fri, 06 April 2012 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Lindberg is currently offline Henrik LindbergFriend
Messages: 2500
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
A start is to set log/trace level to DEBUG, and then run buckminster
with max 1 thread. This is available in preferences. This is as much
debugging you can do without actually firing up a debugger.

Have you tried that?

- henrik

On 2012-06-04 16:43, Alex Kravets wrote:
> Trying to find out why buckminster.download.source=false does not work
> for me, I want to debug the build. Are there instructions on how do this?
Re: How to debug Buckminster build? [message #838155 is a reply to message #838131] Fri, 06 April 2012 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Messages: 391
Registered: November 2009
Senior Member
Yes, I am running in DEBUG mode. However, when materializing CQUERY I don't see information on what buckminster.download.source is set to. I looked at the code and see that by default it's set to 'true', and I want to see if setting this property to 'false' in CQUERY is in fact sets it to this value. Thus I am looking for a way to debug the actual Buckminster code to see what's going on.

BTW, this is not an issue in Buckminster 3.5 as when we are running current build and source bundle in question (org.apache.lucene.source) is not in target definition. So at this point I am not sure what's going on unless in 3.5 buckminster.download.source is set to false by default which I doubt is so.

Lastly one thing that I don't understand why o.a.lucene.source for 1.9.1 is not in platform, but 2.9.1 is. This is not relevant to this forum, I am just curious.

http://i.imgur.com/DjT5U.png

[Updated on: Fri, 06 April 2012 16:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to debug Buckminster build? [message #838312 is a reply to message #838155] Fri, 06 April 2012 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Lindberg is currently offline Henrik LindbergFriend
Messages: 2500
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Alex,
Can't help you further I am afraid - will see what Thomas has to say.
Winter/Easter break in Sweden though all of next week...

Maybe someone else had similar problems and figured out how to solve them...

Regards
- henrik

On 2012-06-04 18:47, Alex Kravets wrote:
> Yes, I am running in DEBUG mode. However, when materializing CQUERY
> there I don't see information on what buckminster.download.source is set
> to. I looked at the code and see that by default it's set to 'false',
> and want to see if setting this property to 'false' in CQUERY is in fact
> sets it to this value. Thus I am looking for a way to debug the actual
> Buckminster code to see what's going on.
>
> BTW, this is not an issue in Buckminster 3.5 as when we are running
> current build and source bundle in question (org.apache.lucene.source)
> is not in target definition. So at this point I am not sure what's going
> on unless in 3.5 buckminster.download.source is set to false by default
> which I doubt is so.
>
> Lastly one thing that I don't understand why o.a.lucene.source for 1.9.1
> is not in platform, but 2.9.1 is. This is not relevant to this forum, I
> am just curious.
>
>
Re: How to debug Buckminster build? [message #838934 is a reply to message #838312] Sat, 07 April 2012 22:43 Go to previous message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Messages: 391
Registered: November 2009
Senior Member
Thanks Henrik and Happy Holidays.
Previous Topic:Unresolved bundles when using Buckminster for plugin and/or RCP
Next Topic:buckminster.home is not a directory error
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Nov 24 18:07:40 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.10497 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software