Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How to get rid of old compilers "include paths not found" warnings?("built-in" include paths for former versions of compiler cannot be deleted)
How to get rid of old compilers "include paths not found" warnings? [message #836244] Wed, 04 April 2012 09:10 Go to next message
Michel DEVEL is currently offline Michel DEVELFriend
Hi,

This is my first message on the eclipse/CDT forum but I have been posting for years on the eclipse/photran mailing list.
I have one concern about "built-in" include paths that you can see in Properties/C/C++ general/Paths and Symbol/includes: you cannot delete them!
hence when I install a new compiler or transfer projects between Linux and Windows, I get Warnings items in the "Problems" tab, such as:

Description Resource Path Location Type
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\freewares\programmation\gcc64\include\c++\4.5.2). MD_CACS pathentry Path Entry Problem

This path does indeed not exist any more since I have upgraded the compiler, but I cannot delete the old paths in Properties/C/C++ general/Paths and Symbol/includes/GNU C (or GNU C++) since the "delete" button is not active for built-in values!...

Searching in this forum, I have found the following advice which works some times and some other times not (even though I complement it with a Clean project/rebuild index):
"To get code completion (intellisense) working you will need a different index for every build configuration. Open project properties->C/C++ General->Indexer
Here you should select "Use active build configuration for the indexer" (at the bottom of the page). So when you switch from Linux to Windows build configuration (i.e. change the active build configuration) your index should be rebuild with the correct include paths and symbols."

Can anyone suggest me a way to get rid systematically of those old include paths?
Re: How to get rid of old compilers "include paths not found" warnings? [message #836343 is a reply to message #836244] Wed, 04 April 2012 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#I_installed_a_new_version_of_my_compiler_but_old_include_paths_of_old_compiler_are_still_there_under_.22Paths_and_Symbols.22_in_project_properties._I_cannot_get_rid_of_them.21_What_do_I_edit_to_remove_the_old_paths_by_hand.3F

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: How to get rid of old compilers "include paths not found" warnings? [message #836386 is a reply to message #836343] Wed, 04 April 2012 12:22 Go to previous message
Michel DEVEL is currently offline Michel DEVELFriend
Thanks a lot for your answer!

PS: May I suggest to add the actual warning message to the FAQ item so that anyone spending some time googling on this issue could not miss that article?
(I tried to search for a bugzilla or a forum entry on that using a cut and paste of "Invalid project path: Include path not found", before posting)

PS2: The "clear" button solution does not work for me, neither in Linux nor in Windows versions, with eclipse Indigo + CDT Version: 8.0.2.201202111925 in both cases.
However, the first "manual" method of deleting the *.sc file worked well.

Thanks again!

[Updated on: Wed, 04 April 2012 13:21]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse CDT on Ubuntu 11.10 x64, debugging problems
Next Topic:Expressions not always updating
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:07:23 GMT 2024