Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » ExecutionTimeAnalysis + MemoryAnalysis
ExecutionTimeAnalysis + MemoryAnalysis [message #104327] Wed, 11 July 2007 17:43 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: codex.magic-dreams.de

Hello,

I want to do a ExecutionTimeAnalysis and MemoryAnalysis together for an
application (a JUnit testsuite). I can only select ExecutionTimeAnalysis
OR MemoryAnalysis but not togehter in the Monitor-tab.

Regards
Wolfgang
Re: ExecutionTimeAnalysis + MemoryAnalysis [message #104345 is a reply to message #104327] Wed, 11 July 2007 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mike is currently offline mikeFriend
Messages: 80
Registered: July 2009
Member
I see this also, previous releases allow single, subset, or All profiling
options to be selected. This release does not.
Re: ExecutionTimeAnalysis + MemoryAnalysis [message #104522 is a reply to message #104327] Thu, 12 July 2007 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul SlauenwhiteFriend
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Wolfgang,
In TPTP 4.4, only one type of Java Profiling data collector can be
selected at once.

Paul
"Wolfgang Roessler" <codex@magic-dreams.de> wrote in message
news:f734qg$1p6$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hello,
>
> I want to do a ExecutionTimeAnalysis and MemoryAnalysis together for an
> application (a JUnit testsuite). I can only select ExecutionTimeAnalysis
> OR MemoryAnalysis but not togehter in the Monitor-tab.
>
> Regards
> Wolfgang
Re: ExecutionTimeAnalysis + MemoryAnalysis [message #104565 is a reply to message #104522] Thu, 12 July 2007 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul SlauenwhiteFriend
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Wolfgang,
This only applies to when you are profiling using the TI agent (1.5 or
later). When profiling with the PI Agent (pre 1.5) you can still select two
datacollectors in TPTP 4.4.

Paul
"Paul Slauenwhite" <paules@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:f753d2$e5q$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hi Wolfgang,
> In TPTP 4.4, only one type of Java Profiling data collector can be
> selected at once.
>
> Paul
> "Wolfgang Roessler" <codex@magic-dreams.de> wrote in message
> news:f734qg$1p6$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to do a ExecutionTimeAnalysis and MemoryAnalysis together for an
>> application (a JUnit testsuite). I can only select ExecutionTimeAnalysis
>> OR MemoryAnalysis but not togehter in the Monitor-tab.
>>
>> Regards
>> Wolfgang
>
>
Re: ExecutionTimeAnalysis + MemoryAnalysis [message #104609 is a reply to message #104565] Thu, 12 July 2007 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mike is currently offline mikeFriend
Messages: 80
Registered: July 2009
Member
oddly enough I have a bit of a dice roll when selecting the 1.5 or 1.5
profiling. about 1/2 the time the profile tab does not show the 1.4
approach as an option. Typically, when I select the Monitor tab a string
"Pending..." flickers for a oment and them my options appear. The
"pre-1.5" is not always offered.
Re: ExecutionTimeAnalysis + MemoryAnalysis [message #104662 is a reply to message #104609] Fri, 13 July 2007 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul SlauenwhiteFriend
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Mike,
This appears to be a defect. Can you open a Bugzilla for this behavior?

Paul
"mike shipkowski" <michael.shipkowski@sas.com> wrote in message
news:f3b21b51601e338a059ab98aedf36b12$1@www.eclipse.org...
> oddly enough I have a bit of a dice roll when selecting the 1.5 or 1.5
> profiling. about 1/2 the time the profile tab does not show the 1.4
> approach as an option. Typically, when I select the Monitor tab a string
> "Pending..." flickers for a oment and them my options appear. The
> "pre-1.5" is not always offered.
>
Re: ExecutionTimeAnalysis + MemoryAnalysis [message #105035 is a reply to message #104609] Sun, 15 July 2007 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Asaf Yaffe is currently offline Asaf YaffeFriend
Messages: 333
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
mike shipkowski wrote:
> oddly enough I have a bit of a dice roll when selecting the 1.5 or 1.5
> profiling. about 1/2 the time the profile tab does not show the 1.4
> approach as an option. Typically, when I select the Monitor tab a
> string "Pending..." flickers for a oment and them my options appear.
> The "pre-1.5" is not always offered.
>

When you click the Monitor tab, the UI communicates with the Agent
Controller (integrated or standalone, depending on your configuration)
to determine the version of the Java runtime. It then shows the
collectors appropriate for the detected versions. This check is bound by
a very short timeout. When it expires, all collectors (pre and post 1.5)
are shown.

If you would like to use the pre-1.5 collectors, make sure that you
Agent Controller uses a Java 1.4 or 5 JRE.

HTH,
Asaf

--
Asaf Yaffe
Eclipse TPTP Committer, JVMTI Profiler
Re: ExecutionTimeAnalysis + MemoryAnalysis [message #105055 is a reply to message #105035] Mon, 16 July 2007 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Chan is currently offline Eugene ChanFriend
Messages: 287
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Since TPTP 4.4, PI profiler is only available for selection when JVM
setting of Agent Controller is JVM 1.4, and TI profiler is only available
when Agent Controller is configured with JVM 1.5.

There are two different type of Agent Controller available, and they are
RAC (remote agent controller) and IAC (integrated agent controller). IAC
supports only local profiling while RAC supports both local and remote
profiling. If RAC is not runing or started by user in local use case, IAC
will automatically startup when profile is started. RAC on the other hand
is always required running on the target machine for remote profiling.

JVM setting of RAC is configured by running the setConfig.bat file. IAC
configures itself and always run with the JVM selection in Workbench
Windows > Preferences... > Java > Installed JREs.
Re: ExecutionTimeAnalysis + MemoryAnalysis [message #105104 is a reply to message #105035] Mon, 16 July 2007 18:43 Go to previous message
mike is currently offline mikeFriend
Messages: 80
Registered: July 2009
Member
Understood...the main concern is the same set of profile options 1.5 or
1.4 is not offered each time I run using the same eclipse, machine, task
to monitor.
Previous Topic:[TPTP AGR] Running in Standard Mode with fixed size and position
Next Topic:Acceptance testing and RCP applications
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Nov 24 04:22:33 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02969 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software